Delta Chi Xi
|Delta Chi Xi|
|Founded||April 20, 2010
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
|Symbol||Sun & Spiral|
|Chapters||United States 5 Active|
|Headquarters||Greensboro, North Carolina, USA|
Delta Chi Xi Honorary Dance Fraternity, Incorporated (ΔΧΞ), more commonly referred to as Delta Chi Xi, is a co-ed honorary professional fraternity and member of the Professional Fraternity Association organized to acknowledge academic excellence, serve the community, and share the art of dance among fellow students.
Delta Chi Xi Honorary Dance Fraternity was founded at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro on April 20, 2010. The organization was established as an Honors Society by Kara J. Wade, Jennifer R. Cheek, and Kristina M. Rogers and was officially founded by Kara J. Wade and Jennifer R. Cheek under the advising of Professor Robin Gee. Later it was transformed into an Honorary Professional Fraternity.
The official Delta Chi Xi mission statement:
"Dance is an avenue and pathway that can be seen and appreciated, our mission is to create a social network between passionate artists and educators of the arts; to inform and educate students about the arts and challenge them to reach out to the world through the gift of dance; to create a well-rounded individual; to fully understand the concept of dance as a physical embodiment of the whole self rather than solely a technical challenge to master; to challenge students to reach out in each of the components that make up the organization; to connect an appreciation for cultural diversity."
Delta Chi Xi hosts workshops, programs, and free dance classes for the community, and volunteers to assist any areas of need in the community. Delta Chi Xi's goals and purpose are organized into a Six POINTE Program:
- P ersonal Health Awareness
- O utreach & Service through Dance and Humanities
- I nternational Studies and Programs
- N etworking & Career Exploration
- T echnique & Professional Training
- E ducation of the Arts
Delta Chi Xi is currently divided into five different chapters.
- Alpha Chapter: University of North Carolina at Greensboro - Greensboro, North Carolina -Chartered April 20, 2010
- Beta Chapter: Morehead State University - Morehead, Kentucky-Chartered November 13, 2011
- Gamma Chapter: The University of Maryland - College Park, Maryland -Chartered May 8, 2012
- Delta Chapter: Coppin State University - Baltimore, Maryland - Chartered November 4, 2012
- Epsilon Chapter: Elon University - Elon, North Carolina - Chartered November 24, 2013
- North Carolina Alumni Chapter Chartered April 22, 2012
- "Our Mission & Purpose". Delta Chi Xi. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "Our History & Foundation". Delta Chi Xi. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "Dance | Majors | UNCG Admissions". Uncg.edu. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "Student Organizations at Morehead State University". Moreheadstate.edu. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "MRP-DEMTC_AGR_2014.02-20140331111519". umd.edu. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "Events Listings: FREE Line Dance Class". Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "Elon Student Organizations: Spring 2014". Retrieved 2014-04-13.
|This article about a fraternity or sorority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|