Delta Phi Lambda
|Delta Phi Lambda|
|Founded||December 5, 1998
University of Georgia
|Motto||Let our light shine forth...|
Delta Phi Lambda (Greek: ΔΦΛ, also known as DPhiL and DFL) is an Asian-interest sorority that expands from the Southeast to the Midwest regions of the United States. It was founded by Anh Ngoc Nguyen and six other women at the University of Georgia on December 5, 1998.
With the vision of creating a home away from home and spreading Asian awareness, Anh Ngoc Nguyen, Theresa Sung, Sarah Chong Mi Cho, Carmela De Guzman, Yvonne Minh Ta, Linh Khanh Do, and Rebecca Kim Stephenson came together to establish a unique foundation of Everlasting Sisterhood. Soon these seven women became the founding mothers of Delta Phi Lambda on December 5, 1998 at the University of Georgia.
Preamble & Symbols
|“||We, the sisters of Delta Phi Lambda, pledge to wholly dedicate our mind, body, and spirit to the completion of our mission. We will seek to improve the image of the Asian American. We will achieve this by acknowledging and spreading our unique Asian heritage. The bond between the sisters will set an example for others in the Asian community. We will set this example by displaying the virtues of loyalty, honesty, respect, dedication, integrity, discipline, and academic excellence. We hold these virtues to be true and will execute them in every venture the sorority will undertake. Delta Phi Lambda will remain strong through unity, and our legacy will live on through the works of the sisters.||”|
- Animal: Butterfly
- Flower: Blue Rose
- Colors: Navy Blue & Silver
- Stone: Jade
- Nicknames: DPhiL or DFL
- Motto: "Let our light shine forth."
- Α - University of Georgia founded in Athens, Georgia on December 5th, 1998
- Β - University of Cincinnati founded in Cincinnati, Ohio on August 17, 2002
- Γ - Georgia State University founded in Atlanta, Georgia on February 4, 2001
- Ε - University of Central Florida founded in Orlando, Florida on May 13, 2005
- Z - Georgia Tech founded in Atlanta, Georgia on March 25, 2007
- H - DePaul University founded in Chicago, Illinois on March 31, 2001
- Θ - Emory University founded in Atlanta, Georgia on March 14, 2002
- Ι - Grand Valley State University founded in Allendale, Michigan on April 11, 2009
- Illinois State University founded in Normal, Illinois on November 24, 2002
- Purdue University founded in West Lafayette, Indiana on April 15, 2001
- Loyola University Chicago founded in Chicago, Illinois on April 5, 2003
- University of West Florida founded in Pensacola, Florida on March 27, 2010
- University at Albany founded in Albany, New York on March 31, 2012
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte founded in Charlotte, North Carolina on April 15, 2012
- University of Iowa founded in Iowa City, Iowa on November 18, 2012
- "Delta Phi Lambda Sorority: Chapters". Delta Phi Lambda. Archived from the original on 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- Melancon, Merritt (2008-08-16). "Sorority about 'finding a place'". Athens Banner-Herald. Archived from the original on 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "The Official Website of NAPA". NAPA. Archived from the original on 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "Delta Phi Lambda Sorority: Preamble & Tokens". Delta Phi Lambda. Archived from the original on 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2010-01-21.