|Origin||Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|Genres||Blues rock, country rock, folk rock, roots rock|
Delta Rae is an American folk rock band formed in Durham, North Carolina. The band consists of three siblings Ian Hölljes (vocals and guitar), Eric Hölljes (vocals, guitar, piano and keys) and Brittany Hölljes (vocals), as well as Elizabeth Hopkins (vocals), Mike McKee (percussion) and Grant Emerson (bass guitar). They began as a four-piece ensemble and added McKee and Emerson to the dynamic in 2010. Their name hails from a fictional story the Hölljeses' mother intended to write about a Southern girl named Delta Rae who summons the Greek gods to earth.
Their self-titled debut EP was released in 2010. They signed to Sire Records in 2012. Their debut album Carry the Fire was released on June 19, 2012. They are currently on their latest national tour and have sold out many well-known venues.
Brittany Holljes said in an interview with Broken Records Magazine when talking about their debut album, Carry the Fire, that their music is not idle listening music, but rather music that demands to be listened to.
On November 19th, they released the EP "Chasing Twisters" and are currently working on their second effort, due in 2014.
- Williams, Erin (January 23, 2012). "Delta Rae on witch trials and keeping music in the family", The Washington Post. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Melzer, Ashley (June 9, 2010) "Delta Rae's self-titled debut", Indy Week. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Lawrence, Jordan (February 3, 2012). "Durham's Delta Rae signs to Sire Records", Indy Week. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Dickens, Tad (February 2, 2012). "Music all over the map", The Roanoke Times, p. 6.
- Music MYNC (April 18, 2012). "Delta Rae signs with Warner Bros., to release new LP June 19", http://music.mync.com/2012/04/delta-rae-signs-with-warner-bros-to-release-new-lp-june-19/