|Origin||Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|Genres||Blues rock, country rock, folk rock, roots rock|
Delta Rae is an American folk rock band formed in Durham, North Carolina. The band consists of three siblings Ian Holljes (vocals and guitar), Eric Holljes (vocals, guitar, piano and keys) and Brittany Holljes (vocals), as well as Elizabeth Hopkins (vocals), Mike McKee (percussion) and Grant Emerson (bass guitar). They began as a four-piece ensemble and added McKee and Emerson to the dynamic in 2010. Their name hails from a fictional story the Holljeses' mother intended to write about a Southern girl named Delta Rae who summons the Greek gods to earth.
Their self-titled debut EP was released in 2010, after which they signed to Sire Records in 2012. Their debut album Carry the Fire was released on June 19, 2012. On November 19, they released the EP "Chasing Twisters", which included lead single "If I Loved You" featuring Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham. Delta Rae have toured in support of this release for much of 2014, including a set at Lollapalooza.
Delta Rae are currently working on new material for a follow up release, due out in 2014.
- Williams, Erin (January 23, 2012). "Delta Rae on witch trials and keeping music in the family", The Washington Post. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Duke Magazine-Ian Holljes '07 and Eric Holljes '09-November/December 2010
- Melzer, Ashley (June 9, 2010) "Delta Rae's self-titled debut", Indy Week. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Lawrence, Jordan (February 3, 2012). "Durham's Delta Rae signs to Sire Records", Indy Week. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Dickens, Tad (February 2, 2012). "Music all over the map", The Roanoke Times, p. 6.
- Music MYNC (April 18, 2012). "Delta Rae signs with Warner Bros., to release new LP June 19", http://music.mync.com/2012/04/delta-rae-signs-with-warner-bros-to-release-new-lp-june-19/