|Traded as||NYSE: DLX|
|Founded||1915Saint Paul, Minnesota,|
|Lee Schram, CEO|
|Products||Customized products, and services for financial institutions, small businesses and consumers|
|Revenue||$1.52 billion USD (2012)|
Number of employees
Deluxe Corporation is one of the two largest check printers in the United States, and provides various personalized products and services to small businesses, financial institutions, and consumers. Some of the services available from Deluxe Corp are design services, website services, print marketing, promotional products, and fraud protection services.
Deluxe and its subsidiary brands including New England Business Services Inc. (NEBS), McBee (formerly Royal McBee) and Checks Unlimited are organized into three business segments:
- Deluxe Financial Services-serving banks and credit unions
- Deluxe Small Business Services-serving small businesses
- Direct Checks-producing and delivering checks directly to consumers
Deluxe is based in the St. Paul suburb of Shoreview, Minnesota and has 33 facilities in the U.S. and 3 locations in Canada to conduct its printing and fulfillment, call center, and administrative functions.
The company was founded as Deluxe Check Printers in 1915 by W.R. Hotchkiss in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Hotchkiss was the creator of some important, speed-enhancing inventions, which included the Hotchkiss Imprinting Press (patented in 1925), a two-way perforator (perfected in 1925), and the Hotchkiss Lithograph Press (patented in 1928).
In 1952, the Deluxe Corporation Foundation was created to contribute to charitable organizations. The company was privately held until 1965, by which time it was a pioneer in the new MICR check printing technology.
In June 2008, Deluxe Corporation agreed to acquire Hostopia.com Inc, a web hosting company.
On July 30, 2008, Deluxe announced its acquisition of PartnerUp, an online networking community for small business owners and entrepreneurs. PartnerUp continues to operate under its own name, while Deluxe promotes PartnerUp among its small business customers.
By December 31, 2008, Deluxe Corp. also acquired Logo Mojo Design, Inc., and Yoffi Digital Press.
In July 2009, MerchEngines was acquired by Deluxe Corporation.
On June 5, 2012, Deluxe acquired local search engine optimization company OrangeSoda.
In January 2014, Deluxe completed the acquisition of Destination Rewards, a loyalty program provider based in Boca Raton, Florida.
On October 22, 2014, Deluxe completed the acquisition of Wausau Financial Systems, a financial services processing company based out of Wausau, WI.
Deluxe Corp and its subsidiary brands are organized and operate within three business units: Small Business Services, Financial Services, and Direct Checks. The Small Business Services sector offers business checks, printed forms, promotional products, marketing materials, and related services and products. This segment offers its services and products to small businesses and home offices through direct response marketing, financial institution referrals, independent distributors, the Internet, and sales representatives.
The Financial Services sector sells personal and business checks; check-related products and services; customer loyalty, retention, and fraud monitoring and protection services; and stored value gift cards to banks and other financial institutions. It also provides enhanced services, such as customized reporting, file management, and expedited account conversion support. This sector also provides marketing education to financial institution executives through the Deluxe Knowledge Exchange Series of seminars and workshops.
The Direct Checks sector sells personal and business checks and related products and services directly to consumers through direct response marketing and the Internet. This segment sells its products under the Checks Unlimited, Designer Checks, and Checks.com brand names.
- "Check printer Deluxe 1st-qtr profit falls". Reuters. Apr 23, 2009.
- John H. Harland Co. being acquired by M and F Worldwide Corp. must be approved by shareholders
- Minnesota Public Radio URL last accessed November 21, 2009.
- Deluxe Corporation Company Snapshot URL last accessed November 21, 2009.
-  URL last accessed November 29, 2009.
- Keaton, Michael (August 19, 2009). "Deluxe Corporation Foundation Donates Funding to SCORE to Boost Small Business and Job Creation". SCORE. Retrieved November 22, 2009.
- Lewis B. Cullman (2004). Can't Take It With You. John Wiley and Sons. ISBN 0-471-65763-8.
- John L. Mariotti (1997). The Shape Shifters. John Wiley and Sons. ISBN 0-595-48195-7.
- Businessweek.com URL last accessed November 22, 2009.
- "T/Maker acquired. (bought by Deluxe Corporation)". Macworld. September 1, 1994.
- Thompson Financial News (July 19, 2008). "Deluxe Corp. to buy Hostopia.com for C$124 million in cash". New York: Forbes.
-  URL last accessed November 29, 2009.
- NYTimes.com URL last accessed November 22, 2009.
- Deluxe Corp. Buys Mktg. Firm For $27M As Profits Rise
- Deluxe Financial Services Company Profile on LinkedIn.com URL last accessed November 22, 2009.
- Stone Mantel URL last accessed November 30, 2009.