|Traded as||NYSE: DWRE|
|Industry||eCommerce, software development, SaaS, on-demand eCommerce|
|Headquarters||Burlington, MA, United States|
|Key people||Thomas Ebling, President & CEO, Stephan Schambach, Executive Chairman & Founder|
Demandware is a public eCommerce merchant based out of Boston, MA. Founded in 2004 by Stephan Schambach and Wayne Whitcomb, Demandware develops eCommerce software technology for online retailers across the world. Demandware has branch offices in France and Germany. They are known for their on-demand commerce platform for eCommerce merchants. Their products include merchandising and catalog management tools that allow merchants to configure their own sites without requiring additional development efforts. Included with their products are online instructor classes, on site classes, hands on training, and a 24/7 knowledge support base. There are two ways to deploy Demandware: Create and launch the website yourself, or use a Demandware partner to facilitate the launch.
Demandware currently serves over 100 clients including VineyardVines, Life is Good, BootBarn, Guthy-Renker, Playmobil, Sanrio, Nine West, Jewelry Television, Sally Beauty Supply, Zabar's, Bare Escentuals, House of Fraser, Compact Appliance, Dutch Gardens, and Gardener’s Supply Company. In 2006, Sanrio announced the launch of their new eCommerce site with Demandware. Also in 2006, Bare Escentuals launched bareminerals.com with the Demandware platform. Early in 2007, Demandware launched Playboy’s new eCommerce sites: shopthebunny.com and playboystore.com. Also in 2007, Demandware launched 10 country sites for toy manufacturer Playmobil. Later in 2007, Demandware launched Sally Beauty Supply’s new eCommerce site. Most recently in 2008, PFSweb announced the launch of an end-to-end solution for Roots Canada Ltd. that features the Demandware eCommerce Platform and integration.
- Ricciuti, Mike (6 October 2004). "Start-up targets e-commerce on demand". CNET News. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- Wolfe, Sean (12 February 2006). "Demandware Gets $12M". Red Herring. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Sanrio, Inc. Selects Demandware eCommerce Platform to Improve Online Customer Experience and Introduce New Products; Creator of Hello Kitty and Other Popular Characters to Launch New eCommerce Shopping Site This Holiday Season". BNET Business Network. September 5, 2006.
- "Playboy.com Expands eCommerce Operations with Demandware Platform". AllBusiness. February 13, 2007.
- "Playmobil chooses Demandware tech". Boston Globe. June 7, 2007.
- "Sally Beauty Supply taps Demandware". Boston Globe. July 19, 2007.
- "PFSweb Selects Demandware to Power New End-to-End eCommerce Solution". General Catalyst Partners. February 11, 2008.
- Demandware Acquired Mainstreet