Dimitrios Vasiliadis, also Demetrios Vassiliades (Greek: Δημήτριος Βασιλειάδης; born 1958), is a Greek Indologist, teacher and author.
He was born in the North Aegean island of Thasos (Greece) and got his first degree in Organization and Administration from the Economic University of Athens (ASOEE). After his graduation he traveled extensively in India and dedicated two decades in the study of the Indian languages, philosophies and culture. He studied at the Banaras Hindu University where he was awarded a gold medal distinction for his M.A. in Indian Philosophy and Religion, and a Ph.D. degree in Philosophy and Religion for his dissertation, "A Critical and Comparative Study of the Presocratic Greek and Ancient Indian Philosophies."
Dimitrios Vasiliadis is a Founding Member and Chairperson of the Indo-Hellenic Society for Culture and Development in Athens and of the Universal Physiolatrous Fellowship in Varanasi. He taught Hindi and Sanskrit at the School of Foreign Languages, University of Athens. He authored several books and contributed academic papers in India, Greece, Spain and Japan. He is the Editor of the Indika Online, an intercultural forum for the advancement of the Indo-Greek relations. Since 2009, he is a Fellow of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations and Research Associate at the Department of Hindi, Banaras Hindu University.
Books by Vasiliadis
- 2000. The Greeks in India: A Survey in Philosophical Understanding, New Delhi: Munshiram Manoharlal Publishers Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 81-215-0921-1 
- 2001. The Avadhuta Gita & Jivanmukta Gita, Athens: Dodoni Publications. (in Greek). ISBN 960-385-074-8
- 2003. Introduction to Sanskrit Language, Athens: Elinepa. (in Greek). ISBN 960-87774-0-2
- 2005. (ed.) Jawaharlal Nehru – His Role in World Affairs. Athens: Elinepa. (In Greek). ISBN 960-87774-3-7
- 2009. Practical Dictionary: Greek-Hindi & Hindi-Greek. Athens: Elinepa (In Hindi and Greek). ISBN 978-960-87774-2-2
- 2011. The Values of Mahatma Gandhi through his Writings. Athens: Elinepa (in Greek). ISBN 978-960-87774-4-6
- 2012. (ed.) Rabindranath Tagore - Commomerative Volume. Athens: Elinepa (in Greek with a Documentary on DVD). ISBN 978-960-87774-6-0
Selected research papers
- "Greeks and Buddhism: An Intercultural Encounter” Proceedings of the Νational Seminar ‘Greece beyond Greece’, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, (under publication).
- "Θωμάς, ο Απόστολος", Μεγάλη Ορθόδοξη Εγκυκλοπαίδεια, Αθήνα 2008.
- "Ο Οικουμενικός Γκάντι", Indika Online, 2007.
- “Σίβα: Ο Διόνυσος της Ινδίας”, Indika Online, 2006.
- "Greeks and Buddhism: Historical Contacts in the Development of a Universal Religion," The Eastern Buddhist, Vol. XXXVI, No. 1 & 2, Otani University, Kyoto 2005.
- "The Dawn of Philosophy: Comparisons in Ancient Greek and Indian Thought," Golden Chain of Civilization Indic, Iranic, Semitic and Hellenic up to AD 600, vol. I, part V, Project of History of Indian Science, Philosophy, and Culture (PHISPC), General Ed. D.P. Chattopadhayaya, ed. G.C. Pande, Centre for Studies in Civilizations, N. Delhi 2005.
- "Greece and India: Early Philosophical Understanding," The Indian Historical Review, Vol. XXXII, No. 1, (Special issue on the theme "India and the Graeco-Roman world", Indian Council of Historical Research, N. Delhi, 2005.
- "Concepts of Reincarnation amongst the Ancient Greeks" Yavanikã, No. 8, ISGRS, Bareilly, 2005.
- “Three Centuries of Hellenic Presence in Bengal” Indika 2005.
- «Ο Ύμνος της Δημιουργίας» (Nasadiya Sukta, Rigveda X. 129)", Indika Online, 2004.
- "Alejandro y los gimnosofistas Indios" [Alexander and the Indian Gymnosophists], Saraswati, No. 6. Fundaciόn Purusa, Madrid, (2003).
- "La autorealización en la tradición btahmánica" [Self Realization in Brahmanic Tradition], Saraswati, No. 5. Fundaciόn Purusa, Madrid (2002).
- "Conceptos de reencarnaciόn entre los antiguos griegos" [Concepts of Reincarnation Amongst the Ancient Greeks], Saraswati, No. 4, Fundaciόn Purusa, Madrid (2001).
- “Classical Approaches to Enlightenment and Artificial Intelligence” Proceedings of the International Seminar ‘Classical Studies in the New Millennium’ MJP Rohilkand University, Bareilly. 2000.
- "Traditional Views about the Origin of Yavanas", Yavanikã, No. 5, ISGRS, Bareilly, 1997.
- Personal page at elinepa.org