Demi Harman at "The Great Gatsby" premiere Sydney, in May 2013
11 March 1993 |
|Alma mater||Brisbane Adventist College|
|Occupation||Actress, television presenter|
Demi Renee Harman (born 11 March 1993) is an Australian actress and television presenter. She is perhaps best known for her role as Sasha Bezmel in Home and Away. She was a contestant on the first series of Celebrity Splash! and following her departure from Home and Away in 2015, Harman has co-hosted Better Homes and Gardens. She has also joined the cast of Winners & Losers.
Harman was born in Brisbane, Australia in 1993 to an American father and an Australian mother, who formerly worked as a weather girl on the Seven Network. She is the third of four children, her older sister is American-Australian actress Brooke Harman, she also has an older brother and younger sister, Paige. When Harman was growing up, she lived between the United States and Australia, and at the age of nine she moved to Melbourne as her sister, Brooke began working on television series Pirate Islands. Harman finished high school at Brisbane Adventist College in 2010 and was accepted into the University of Queensland for an arts/Japanese course. Japanese culture has been a great influence in her life after spending a holiday visiting Japan. 
Harman studied drama in high school and took Tom McSweeney acting classes. She began acting in 2010, as she had a role in the upcoming Australian horror film Still Waters between 2010 and 2011.
Harman secured a role on popular soap opera Home and Away and began appearing on 31 August 2011. She plays rebellious teenager Sasha Bezmel, the illegitimate daughter of Sid Walker. Harman relocated to Sydney for the role.
In 2013, Harman was a contestant in the first Australian season of Celebrity Splash!. The following year, Harman announced her departure from Home and Away. She will join the presenting team of Better Homes and Gardens in 2015. That same year, she also joined the cast of Winners & Losers as Riley Hart. The role required her to relocate to Melbourne.
|2009||H2O: Just Add Water||Season 3, Episode 20|
|2011–15||Home and Away||Sasha Bezmel||Regular role|
|2015–||Better Homes and Gardens||Presenter|
|2015–||Winners & Losers||Riley Hart|
- Scott, Gavin (10–16 March 2012). "Kiss & tell". TV Week (ACP Magazines) (10): 4.
- "Demi Harman plays Sasha Bezmel". Yahoo 7 TV. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- "Sid's fatherhood shock". ninemsn.com.au. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- "Sasha Bezmel". Yahoo 7 TV. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- Vrajlal, Alicia (27 February 2014). "Demi Harman and Alec Snow film flirty scene for Home And Away". Daily Mail (Mail Online). Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- Byrnes, Holly (20 March 2013). "Is Seven's new show a Celebrity Splash or a bomb?". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- Fletcher, Harry (29 December 2014). "H&A star Demi Harman co-hosts Seven's Better Homes and Gardens". Digital Spy. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Former Home And Away star Demi Harman joins the cast of Winners And Losers". The Daily Telegraph. 22 March 2015. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Lee-Longhetti, Chloe (5 September 2014). "Demi Harman opens up about starring opposite her real-life boyfriend Alec Snow on Home and Away". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 4 April 2015.