Demi World Tour
|Demi World Tour|
|World tour by Demi Lovato|
|Start date||September 6, 2014|
|End date||April 26, 2015|
|Demi Lovato concert chronology|
The Demi World Tour is the fourth headlining concert tour by American singer Demi Lovato. It is Lovato's second tour in support of her fourth studio album Demi (2013), following The Neon Lights Tour. Demi has also announced her tour dates and will be touring Australia and New Zealand in early 2015. The tour was produced and promoted by Live Nation, and sponsored by the Tampax and Always Radiant Collection. The tour took place in the United States and Canada from September 6, 2014 to October 27, 2014, where Christina Perri and MKTO served as opening acts.
Background and development
On May 28, 2014, a video was published on Lovato's YouTube channel with the text "Tomorrow 10:00 am PST" in a fuchsia color fading in on a white background, followed by a link to her website, while a screaming crowd can be heard in the background. The next day, the Demi World Tour was announced along with the North American dates on Lovato's website, as well as a video on her YouTube channel. Christina Perri and American music duo MKTO will serve as opening acts for the North American leg of the tour. Tickets for the tour were made available on June 6, 2014, with the tour set to begin on September 6, 2014. On June 19, 2014, Lovato announced her first-ever date at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. On comparing the show to the "Neon Lights Tour", Lovato has stated, "The Neon Lights Tour was amazing and I had so much fun, but I’m constantly thinking, ‘How can I step up my game and how can I take my shows to the next level?’ so that’s what we’re doing with this tour, I’m changing some of the songs, adding new songs, adding new covers. I just want it to be fun and I want it to be everything that I didn’t get to do with the Neon Lights Tour."
On April 28, 2014, Lovato announced a partnership with Shazam, in the planning of European Tour dates. The promotion asked fans to tag the song "Neon Lights" when they heard it on Shazam, and this information would be used to book her European tour dates. It allows fans to play a significant part in where her shows would be played. Regarding the partnership, Shazam's head of music stated "This is a fantastic way for Shazam to help Demi Lovato fans across Europe easily cast their vote to have her play in a city near them." Lovato has made appearances on Late Night with Seth Meyers on June 4, 2014 and Good Morning America as part of their Summer Concert Series on June 6, 2014 to promote the tour.
Early reviews of the tour were positive. Erin Post from Alter The Press! gave a glowing review, stating "To summarize this tour in a sentence: it was anything but original. From her dancers, to the outfit changes, to the stage lighting, she tries to keep the audience wanting more ... this tour is filled with a ton of surprises."
This set list is representative of the performance on October 25, 2014. It is not representative of all concerts for the duration of the tour.
- "Really Don't Care"
- "The Middle"
- "Fire Starter"
- "Remember December"
- "Heart Attack"
- "My Love Is Like a Star"
- "Don't Forget"
- "Catch Me"
- "Get Back" (Acoustic)
- "Let It Go"
- "Two Pieces"
- "Got Dynamite"
- "Give Your Heart a Break"
|Leg 1 - North America|
|September 6, 2014||Baltimore||United States||Baltimore Arena||Christina Perri
|September 7, 2014||Albany||Times Union Center|
|September 9, 2014||Pittsburgh||Petersen Events Center|
|September 12, 2014||Raleigh||PNC Arena||MKTO|
|September 14, 2014||Miami||American Airlines Arena||Christina Perri
|September 15, 2014||Orlando||Amway Center|
|September 17, 2014||New Orleans||Lakefront Arena||MKTO|
|September 19, 2014||San Antonio||AT&T Center|
|September 21, 2014||Tulsa||BOK Center|
|September 23, 2014||Kansas City||Sprint Center||Christina Perri
|September 25, 2014||Denver||Pepsi Center|
|September 27, 2014||Los Angeles||Staples Center|
|September 28, 2014||San Diego||Viejas Arena|
|October 2, 2014||Everett||Comcast Arena|
|October 4, 2014||Edmonton||Canada||Rexall Place|
|October 5, 2014||Calgary||Scotiabank Saddledome|
|October 7, 2014||Saskatoon||Credit Union Centre|
|October 10, 2014||Sioux Falls||United States||Denny Sanford Premier Center|
|October 11, 2014||Moline||iWireless Center|
|October 14, 2014||Chicago||United Center|
|October 15, 2014||Louisville||KFC Yum! Center|
|October 17, 2014||Uncasville||Mohegan Sun Arena|
|October 19, 2014||Montreal||Canada||Bell Centre|
|October 20, 2014||Hamilton||FirstOntario Centre|
|October 22, 2014||Manchester||United States||Verizon Wireless Arena|
|October 24, 2014||Hershey||Giant Center|
|October 25, 2014||Newark||Prudential Center|
|October 27, 2014||Brooklyn||Barclays Center|
|Leg 2 - Oceania|
|April 17, 2015||Brisbane||Australia||Brisbane Entertainment Centre||N/A|
|April 18, 2015||Sydney||Hordern Pavilion|
|April 21, 2015||Perth||Challenge Stadium|
|April 24, 2015||Melbourne||Margaret Court Arena|
|April 26, 2015||Auckland||New Zealand||Vector Arena|
Box office score data
|Venue||City||Tickets sold / available||Gross revenue|
|Amway Center||Orlando||7,678 / 9,193||$311,707|
|BOK Center||Tulsa||4,114 / 5,127||$155,178|
|Staples Center||Los Angeles||9,371 / 9,777||$450,996|
|Mohegan Sun Arena||Uncasville||6,619 / 7,048||$327,641|
|Bell Centre||Montreal||7,881 / 9,382||$444,395|
|FirstOntario Centre||Hamilton||5,377 / 6,372||$295,600|
|Verizon Wireless Arena||Manchester||5,807 / 5,000||$232,535|
|Prudential Center||Newark||9,467 / 10,071||$399,958|
|Barlcays Center||Brooklyn||9,874 / 12,760||$441,937|
|TOTAL||65,188 / 74,730 (87%)||$3,059,947|
- Garibaldi, Christina (May 29, 2014). "Demi Lovato Is 'SO Excited' For Her World Tour: Check Out The Dates". MTV News. Viacom. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- TV News Desk (May 29, 2014). "DEMI LOVATO Announces North American Dates for World Tour". Broadway World. Wisdom Digital Media. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- Johnson, Zach (May 29, 2014). "Demi Lovato Announces First World Tour Dates!". E!. NBCUniversal. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- Menyes, Carolyn (May 29, 2014). "Demi Lovato Announces DEMI World Tour for Fall 2014 Just Weeks After Wrapping 'Neon Lights' Tour". Music Times. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- Lovato, Demi. "Announcing The Demi World Tour". DemiLovato.com. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- Perricone, Kathleen (June 19, 2014). "Demi Lovato Announces L.A. Show, Talks Ed Sheeran Duet". Ryanseacrest.com. Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- Flanagan, Andrew (April 28, 2014). "Demi Lovato, Shazam Announce Deal to Let Fans Plan New Tour". Billboard (Prometheus Global Media). Retrieved May 11, 2014.
- Bobby Olivier (October 26, 2014). "Demi Lovato at Prudential Center: What you missed from N.J.'s massive pop show, with video". NJ.com. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- Box score:
- "Billboard Boxscore :: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. October 2, 2014. Archived from the original on October 2, 2014. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- "Billboard Boxscore :: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. October 8, 2014. Archived from the original on October 8, 2014. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- "Billboard Boxscore : Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. November 5, 2014. Archived from the original on November 5, 2014. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- "Billboard Boxscore :: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. November 20, 2014. Archived from the original on November 20, 2014. Retrieved October 8, 2014.