Deming is an unincorporated community in Jackson Township, Hamilton County, Indiana.
Deming was laid out in 1837. The first post office in the community was called Penfield. It was renamed Deming in 1854, and was discontinued in 1902.
Deming is located at 40°06′55″N 86°05′55″W / 40.11528°N 86.09861°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Deming, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- ^ Haines, John F. (1915). History of Hamilton County, Indiana: Her People, Industries And Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen & Co. p. 262.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 112. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
A post office established as Penfield...
- ^ "Hamilton County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 17 September 2014.