Democratic Union Party (Egypt)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Democratic Unionist Party|
|Hizb al-Itahadi al-democrati|
|Chairman||Mr. Ibrahim Mohamed Tork|
|Politics of Egypt
The Democratic Unionist Party (Arabic: Hizb al-Itahadi al-democrati) is an Egyptian political party, with a membership of around 215 members. The party presses for achieving unity between Egypt and Sudan and separation between politics and religion.
The party platform calls for:
- Guaranteeing citizens' basic freedoms and political rights.
- Achieving comprehensive economic development.
- Upgrading public utilities and services.
- Protecting Egypt's status on regional and international arenas.
- "The 2005 Egyptian Elections: How Free? How Important?". Ikhwan Web. 17 August 2005. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
|This political party- and liberalism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a political party in Egypt is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|