Demolition Man (pinball)
|Release date||February 1994|
|System||Williams WPC (DCS)|
|Programmer(s)||Ted Estes, Bill Grupp|
|Artwork||Doug Watson, Linda Deal (backglass)|
|Mechanics||Win Schilling, Armando Zuniga|
|Voices||Sylvester Stallone (John Spartan)
Wesley Snipes (Simon Phoenix)
Sylvester Stallone (John Spartan) and Wesley Snipes (Simon Phoenix) provided custom speech for this game during ADR sessions at Warner Brothers Studios in Los Angeles under the direction of Jon Hey. Hey scored the music of the pinball game in part based upon the movie score by Academy Award winner Elliot Goldenthal, but including new music.
This game is centered on multiball modes. The player has to shoot the left ramp when the "freeze" light is lit (lit by the right inlane) to "lock" a ball. When the required amount of locks are made, the player has to shoot the left loop to start multiball.
- Fortress Multiball (2 balls required)
- Museum Multiball (3 balls required)
- Wasteland Multiball (4 balls required)
- Cryoprison Multiball (5 balls required)
Completing all four multiball modes lights the right ramp for the wizard award, Demolition Jackpot, which is the total amount of all the jackpots collected during the game. The Demolition Jackpot is lost if the ball drains.
The game's other main feature is the Cryo-Claw, which is located on the upper-left side of the playfield, and is lit at the left inlane. The awards are as follows:
- Start AcMag
- Lock Freeze
- Prison Break
- Super Jets
- Capture Simon
Completing all of the Cryo-Claw modes lights the Underground shot for the wizard mode, Demolition Time. In this mode, three balls are launched into play, and all of the major shots are initially worth 15 million points. Hitting the five standup targets increases the base value of all the major shots by 5 million points, and launches another ball into play, up to five balls.
- "Demolition Man". The International Arcade Museum. Retrieved 13OCT2013.
- Internet Pinball Database entry for Demolition Man
- Recent Auction Results for Demolition Man
- Demolition Man Pinball Mainplay Theme by Jon Hey (original movie theme by Elliot Goldenthal)
- Demolition Man Pinball Museum Multiball Theme by Jon Hey