|Directed by||Will Canon|
|Produced by||Lee Clay
|Screenplay by||Max La Bella
|Story by||Max La Bella|
|Music by||Dan Marocco|
|Edited by||Josh Schaeffer|
Icon Entertainment International
First Point Entertainment
|Distributed by||Dimension Films|
Demonic is a 2013 American horror film directed by Will Canon and written by Max La Bella, Doug Simon and Will Canon. The film stars Maria Bello, Frank Grillo, Cody Horn, Dustin Milligan, Megan Park, Scott Mechlowicz, Aaron Yoo, and Alex Goode.
A violent slaughter occurs in an abandoned house in Louisiana where three college students are found dead. Detective Mark Lewis (Frank Grillo) examines the crime scene and finds a shocked survivor, John (Dustin Milligan) before calling reinforcements. Several police cars then arrive at the house alongside an ambulance and a psychologist, Dr. Elizabeth Klein (Maria Bello). She talks to John, who tells her that a seance performed in the house called the attention of many spirits, including one he identified as his mother, and that two of the group members, consisting of his pregnant girlfriend and her ex boyfriend, are still missing.
The following scenes consist of two interlaced plots: one shows the interrogation of John by Dr. Klein and the investigation of videotapes found in the house by police officers, and the other shows the actual events (often filmed by a camera) that John and the five other visitors of the house experienced, including several paranormal phenomena.
Then Bryan appears in a car crash and starts running away from the police, and ends up in a store where he is later killed by the detective, believing he was in some manner producing a shock in John. After that, Detective Mark goes to a secret space in the house where he discovers Michelle, as the paramedics are getting to her, Elizabeth discovers that John killed everybody at the same time that Detective Mark finds John's lifeless body hanging.
As it turns out, John is possessed by the devil and killed everybody in order to set him free. As Michelle is getting out of the house the devil vanishes.
The film concludes when Michelle is in the ambulance. The doctor says her baby is fine (turning out to be the devil, who escaped and uses her baby as its new vessel),
- Maria Bello as Dr. Elizabeth Klein
- Frank Grillo as Detective Mark Louis
- Cody Horn as Michelle
- Dustin Milligan as John
- Megan Park as Jules
- Scott Mechlowicz as Bryan
- Aaron Yoo as Donnie
- Tyson Sullivan as Luke Elton
- Alex Goode as Sam
- Ashton Leigh as Sara Mathews
- Terence Rosemore as Jenkins
- Jesse Steccato as Peter
- Meyer DeLeeuw as Henry
- Griff Furst as Reeves
On May 13, 2011, the film was announced under the title House of Horror, with James Wan set to produce. On November 22, 2011, it was announced Xavier Gens would direct the film. On January 23, 2013, Maria Bello and Frank Grillo joined the cast. On October 8, 2013, the film was retitled Demonic. On July 31, 2014, it was announced that the film would be released on December 12, 2014. On September 19, 2014, the film was pushed back to an unknown date.
- "Demonic". Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "Synopsis and Teaser Art for James Wan's House of Horror". ComingSoon.net. 2011-05-13. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- "James Wan's House of Horror Finds a Director". ComingSoon.net. 2011-11-22. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- "Maria Bello, Frank Grillo sign for James Wan thriller". Variety. 2013-01-23. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- "James Wan’s 'House of Horror' is Now 'Demonic'". Daily Dead. 2014-07-31. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- "James Wan's 'Demonic' Gets Release Date". Hollywood Reporter. 2014-07-31. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- "Dimension Films Reshuffling Release Dates for Demonic and Amityville". Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "Demonic opens tomorrow in Brazil (under the title A Casa dos Mortos". Retrieved 20 September 2014.