|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2007)|
|Publicly traded Aktieselskab (OMX: DANSKE)|
|Ole Andersen (Chairman), Thomas F. Borgen (CEO)|
|Products||Banking, insurance, investment management|
|Revenue||DKK 43.866 billion (2014)|
|Profit||DKK 3.846 billion (2014)|
|Total assets||DKK 3453.0 billion (end 2014)|
|Total equity||DKK 147.4 billion (end 2014)|
Number of employees
|18,478 (FTE, end 2014)|
Danske Bank is a Danish bank. The name literally means "Danish Bank". It was founded 5 October 1871 as Den Danske Landmandsbank, Hypothek- og Vexelbank i Kjøbenhavn (The Danish Farmers' Bank, Mortgage and Exchange Bank of Copenhagen). Headquartered in Copenhagen, it is the largest bank in Denmark and a major retail bank in the northern European region with over 5 million retail customers.
The Danske Bank branch in Latvia was opened in 2008 and in the short time has gained quite a lot of popularity.
Danske Bank issues its own banknotes through its Northern Ireland subsidiary; as certain retail banks in Northern Ireland and Scotland are licensed to issue their own pound sterling banknotes. Danske Bank acquired one such bank in 2005, the Belfast-based Northern Bank, and since 2013 has produced banknotes under the Danske Bank brand name. These Danske Bank notes are denominated in pounds sterling and should not be confused with banknotes of the Danish Krone, an entirely separate currency, which are issued in Denmark by the Danish National Bank.
- "Annual Results 2014". Danske Bank. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- "Facts and figures". Danske Bank. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Fortune Global 500 (Denmark)". Fortune. 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- Danske Bank presentation of Sampo acquisition
- http://www.baltic-legal.com/banking-in-latvia-list-of-banks-danske-bank-eng.htm Danske bank in Latvia - Baltic Legal
- "Danske Bank puts new bank-notes into circulation". BBC News. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Danske Bank Launch New Bank Notes". Belfast City Centre Management. 24 June 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.