Den Permanente is situated below the restaurant of Sjette Frederiks Kro in the woodland park of Riis Skov and is separated from the forest by the railway line of Aarhus Nærbane. The sandy beach in and around the seabath, is rather small and enclosed by long stretches of rocky sea walls north and south.
The seabath itself was built in 1933 and is currently used by three sport associations:
- Aarhus Beachvolley Club 1900, beach volley
- Aarhus Kajakpoloclub, kayak polo
- Vikingeklubben Jomsborg, winter bathing
The seabath is only open to the general public in summer. In the daytime hours from late June to mid August to be more precise.
- Den Permanente Aarhus Municipality (Danish)
- Den Permanente Aarhus Municipality
- Vikingeklubben Jomsborg Official homepage
- Aarhus Beachvolley Club 1900 Official homepage
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Den Permanente.|
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|