|Traded as||BSE: 532121
|Key people||Shri Ashwani Kumar  (Chairman and Managing Director)
Shri A.K.Dutt (Executive Director)
|Revenue||55673.7 million (US$1.0 billion) (2010-2011) |
|Net income||6116.3 million (US$110 million) (2009-2010)|
Dena Bank (Hindi: देना बैंक) (founded 26 May 1938) is one of the earliest banks in India, headquartered in Mumbai. Dena Bank was founded on 26 May 1938, by the family of Devkaran Nanjee under the name Devkaran Nanjee Banking Company Ltd. It is one of the nationalised banks of India.
It became a Public Limited Company in December 1939 and later the name was changed to Dena Bank Ltd. It has a network of over 1100 branches.
The logo of Dena Bank depicts Goddess Lakshmi, the Goddess of Wealth, according to Hindu mythology. The 'D' in the logo reflects the dynamism, dedication and the drive towards customer satisfaction.
Dena Bank was founded by the family of Devkaran Nanjee under the name Devkaran Nanjee Banking Company Ltd. It found its new name, Dena Bank Ltd. (Devkaran Nanjee) when it was incorporated as a Public Company in December 1939. The bank was nationalised (and therefore dropped Limited from its name) in 1969 along with 13 other banks in India.
Dena Bank features:
- Minor savings scheme.
- Credit card in rural India known as "Dena Krishi Sakh Patra"
- Drive-in ATM counter at Juhu, Mumbai.
- Smart card at selected branches in Mumbai.
- Customer rating system for rating the bank's services.
The bank's head office is in Mumbai, with a network of 1291 branches (as at March 2011) across the country. The bank has a network of 496 ATMs across India, of which 105 ATMs are off site(as at March 2011). Dena Bank introduced core banking on March 2007 at its Mahim branch in Mumbai. 850 branches out of the 1122 branches including extension counters of the bank are scheduled for coverage.
- One among six public sector banks selected by the World Bank for sanctioning a loan of Rs.723 million for augmentation of Tier-II Capital under Financial Sector Developmental project in 1995.
- One among the few banks to receive the World Bank loan for technological upgradation and training.
- Launched a bond issue of Rs.921.3 million in November 1996.
- Maiden public issue of Rs.1.80 billion in November 1996.
- Introduced telebanking facility at metropolitan centres.
See also 
- "Ashwani Kumar takes over as cmd dena-bank". Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 2011-02-02.
- "Welcome to Dena Bank - Your trusted family bank!". Denabank.com. Retrieved 2011-02-02.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Asian bank-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|