Denis E. Waitley (born 1933), is an American motivational speaker and writer, consultant and best-selling author.
Waitley is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, and claims to have counseled leaders in many fields: Apollo astronauts, Fortune 500 top executives, Olympic gold medalists, Super Bowl champions, returning POWs. He was a founding member of the National Council for Self-Esteem.
He has authored 16 books and has released hundreds of audio lectures.
Résumé Controversy 
In 2007, Waitley withdrew his renomination to the board of directors of Usana and announced his retirement from the company, after it was discovered that he did not have a Master's degree he had claimed to have from the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California. In addition to this USANA informed the Wall Street Journal that they were unable to verify Waitley's Ph.D. from the unaccredited La Jolla University.
He currently resides in Ensenada, Mexico and travels to China along with various countries as a business development consultant.
- The Psychology of Winning Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated, (1995) ISBN 0-425-09999-7, 192 pages
- Seeds of Greatness Simon & Schuster, (1983) ISBN 0-671-49936-X,
- New Dynamics of Winning: Gain the Mind-Set of a Champion for Unlimited Success in Business and Life HarperCollins Publishers, (1995) ISBN 0-688-14227-3, 224 pages
- The Dragon And The Eagle
- Safari to the Soul Éditions GoTopShape, (2004) ISBN 2-923209-03-6,
- The Seeds of Greatness Treasury
- The Psychology of Winning for Women 271 pages, (1999) ISBN 1-890009-13-X,
- Being the Best Simon & Schuster, Limited, (1988) ISBN 0-671-70167-3,
- The Winners Edge: The Critical Attitude of Success Berkley Books, (1985) ISBN 0-425-08282-2, 183 pages
- The Joy of Working Ballantine Books, (1986) ISBN 0-345-33487-6, 320 pages (http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl/9780345465238.html)
- The New Dynamics of Goal Setting: Flextactics for a Fast-changing World HarperCollins, (1996) ISBN 0-688-12668-5, 177 pages
- Psychology of Success: Developing Your Self-esteem Irwin Career Education Division, (1996)ISBN 0256194777, 288 pages
- Quantum Fitness: Breakthrough to Excellence Pocket Books (Mm), (1986) ISBN 0-671-61825-3,
- Empires of the Mind: Lessons to Lead and Succeed in a Knowledge-based World W. Morrow, (1995) ISBN 0-688-14033-5, 266 pages
- The Winning Generation
- The Subliminal Winner
- The Seeds of Greatness System
- The Seven Sacred Truths
- Empires Of The Mind
- How to Handle Conflict and Manage Anger
- The New Dynamics of Goal Setting
- ^ Polk, Laffoon (September 11, 1988). "Self-esteem Sells Well in Pop-psych marketing". The Miami Herald. p. 2G.
- ^ Fantin, Linda (April 1, 2007). "Report Challenges Record of Former Usana Official". Retrieved August 15, 2011.
- ^ "Denis Waitley International". Retrieved August 15, 2011.
- ^ Waitley, Denis (1995). Empires of the Mind. HarperCollins. p. 82. ISBN 0-688-14763-1.
- ^ http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/896264/000110465907026138/a07-10015_1defa14a.htm
- ^ Winstein, Keith J. (March 31, 2007). "Credentials Flap Sends Usana Shares Down 7%". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved August 15, 2011.
- ^ Bauder, Don (September 13, 2007). "Pyramin, Phony Bios". San Diego Reader.
External links