|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 31st district
January 5, 2009
|Preceded by||Steve Driehaus|
June 16, 1967 |
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.
|Residence||Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Miami University|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Denise Driehaus (born June 16, 1967) is a Democratic member of the Ohio House of Representatives, representing the 31st District since 2009. Her district includes much of eastern Cincinnati, as well as Amberley, St. Bernard, Norwood and Silverton.
Life and career
Driehaus was raised in Green Township by H. Donald "Don" Driehaus and his wife Clare along with her seven siblings. Her seat in the Ohio House of Representatives was previously represented by her brother Steve Driehaus.
After graduation from Miami University, Driehaus went on to own Philipps Swim Club and the Front Porch Coffeehouse in West Price Hill. She also formerly served on the Hamilton County Democratic Executive Committee, and was influential in electing Cincinnati politicians like Todd Portune, David Crowley, Dwight Tillery and John Cranley.
Driehaus and her family reside in Cincinnati.
Ohio House of Representatives
With her term-limited brother, Representative Steve Driehaus, running for Congress, Driehaus sought to succeed him in 2008. With no primary opposition, she faced Republican Steve Johnson in the general election, and won with 67% of the vote.
In her 2010 reelection bid, Driehaus' seat was looked at as a potential pick-up by Republicans. Once again unopposed in the primary, she went on to run against Republican Mike Robinson in the general election. However, she managed to keep her seat, winning this time 54% to 46%.
In 2012, Driehaus won a third term with 71.10% of the vote over Republican Michael Gabbard. She won a fourth term in 2014 with 65% of the vote.
- Committee on Finance & Appropriations (Ranking Democrat)
- Committee on Economic & Workforce Development
- Committee on Ways & Means
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2015)|
|2008||’’’Denise Driehaus’’’||25,600||67%||Steve Johnson||11,735||33%|
|2010||’’’Denise Driehaus’’’||12,981||56.22%||Mike Robinson||10,107||43.78%|
|2012||’’’Denise Driehaus’’’||35,982||71.4%||Michael Gabbard||14,512||28.6%|
|2014||’’’Denise Driehaus’’’||17,798||65.6%||Mary Yeager||8,426||34.4%|
- Brunner, Jennifer 2008 general election results (2008-11-04)
- Dems cry foul:Driehaus versus Robinson
- Brunner, Jennifer 2010 general election results (2010-11-02)
- Ohio Women’s Democratic Caucus Names Leadership Team
- "Kasich budget could mean more local tax issues for rural and suburban schools, legislators complain". Cleveland Plain Dealer (Cleveland). 2015-02-10. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- The Ohio House of Representatives: Rep. Denise Driehaus (D-Cincinnati) official site
- The Ohio Ladies' Gallery: Rep. Denise Driehaus (D-Cincinnati)