Denistone East, New South Wales
Sydney, New South Wales
Panorama of the "Midway" strip of shops
|Established||5 February 1999|
|Location||16 km (10 mi) north-west of Sydney CBD|
|LGA(s)||City of Ryde|
Denistone East is a suburb in the Northern Suburbs of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Denistone East is 16 kilometres north-west of the Sydney central business district in the local government area of the City of Ryde. Denistone and Denistone West are separate suburbs; Denistone East was gazetted as a suburb in its own right on 5 February 1999.
Denistone East's retail area is 'Midway', a small strip of retail premises. Denistone East is located near Denistone West, which hosts a large retail complex named West Denistone Shopping Centre. The Macquarie Centre and Top Ryde City shopping centres are also located nearby.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (April 2008)|
Denistone East Public School is a large local primary school educating over 800 students from Kindergarten to Grade 6 which was rebuilt in 2005 with completely new administrative, assembly and classroom blocks. The school was established in 1950, when the new railway station was established and a new suburb was forming.
Denistone East is centred at the intersection of Cecil Street, Lovell Road, Quarry Road and North Road, where the local shopping centre (Midway) is situated. These roads converge into an elongated figure of 8 roundabout.
At present the following routes service Denistone East. All are provided by Sydney Buses:
- Route 286: Denistone East (Colvin Crescent) to Town Hall (QVB) via North Ryde, Lane Cove and North Sydney (morning and evening peak hour service)
- Route 297: Prepaid Service from Denistone East (Colvin Crescent) to Town Hall (QVB) via North Ryde and Lane Cove Tunnel (morning and evening peak hour service)
- Route 515: Denistone East (Blaxland Road) to Circular Quay via Top Ryde and Victoria Road (daily daytime and early evening service)
- Route 515: Denistone East (Blaxland Road) to Eastwood via Ryde Hospital (daily daytime and early evening service)
- Route X15: Express Service from City to Denistone East (Blaxland Road) (evening peak hour evening service)
- Route 518: Denistone East (Midway) to Circular Quay via Top Ryde and Victoria Road (daily full-time service)
- Route 518: Denistone East (Midway) to Macquarie University and Macquarie Centre (daily full-time service)
- Route X18: Prepaid Service from City to Denistone East (Midway) (evening peak hour service)
- Route 544: Denistone East to Macquarie Centre via Marsfield and Macquarie University(Mon-Sat Service)
- Route 544: Denistone East to Auburn via Eastwood and Ermington (Mon-Sat Service)