|Born||July 1, 1970
|Religion||Alevi Shia Islam|
Deniz Seki (born July 1, 1970 in Istanbul) is a Turkish pop singer. Seki is perhaps best known for her extra-marital affair with the clarinet player Hüsnü Şenlendirici. Her reputation was further damaged by the public's interest in the estranged miss Şenlendirici.
Seki joined TRT and met composer Melih Kibar. Through him she worked with Emel and Kenan Doğulu. Her album album Hiç kimse Değilim came out in 1997. Since then she has released five other music albums: Anlattim, Şeffaf, Aşkların En Güzeli, Aşk Denizi, and Sahici.
In 2006, she appeared in the movie Turks in Space.
Drug trafficking crime
On February 13, 2009, Seki was detained by police on allegations of cocaine use. After being kept in detention for two days, she was released without charge; however, on February 23, 2009 Seki was rearrested by Drug Squad officers and detained in Zekeriyaköy gendarmerie station at the request of the public prosecutor.
- 1997: Hiç Kimse Değilim (Turkish: I Am No One)
- 1999: Anlattım (Turkish: I told)
- 2002: Şeffaf (Turkish: Transparent)
- 2003: Aşkların En Güzeli (Turkish: Most Beautiful Love)
- 2005: Aşk Denizi (Turkish: Sea of Love)
- 2008: Sahici (Turkish: Realist)
- 2011: Sözyaşlarım (Turkish: My lyric tears, a pun of "Söz" (lyrics) and "Gözyaşlarım" (tears))
- "Deniz Seki'ye 6 yıl 3 ay hapis, 3,5 yıl daha cezaevinde yatabilir". Hürriyet Gündem (in Turkish). 2012-05-22. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
|This article on a Turkish singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|