Denmark Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Denmark Township, Ohio|
Part of the center of Denmark Township. The church is in the foreground, with the town hall across the street.
Municipalities and townships of Ashtabula County
|• Total||24.4 sq mi (63.1 km2)|
|• Land||24.4 sq mi (63.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation ||955 ft (291 m)|
|• Density||39/sq mi (15.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085724|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Sheffield Township - north
- Monroe Township - northeast corner
- Pierpont Township - east
- Richmond Township - southeast corner
- Dorset Township - south
- Lenox Township - southwest corner
- Jefferson Township - west
- Plymouth Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Denmark Township.
Name and history
It is the only Denmark Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. Currently, the board is composed of chairman Charles Frye and members Chad Corron and Fred Williams.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Denmark township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 180. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.