|Full name||Dennis Jonathan Alas Morales|
|Date of birth||January 10, 1985|
|Place of birth||San Salvador, El Salvador|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Current club||Luís Ángel Firpo|
|Academia La Chelona|
|2008||→ Real Maryland (loan)||14||(3)|
|2008–2013||Luís Ángel Firpo||164||(44)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 May 2011.
† Appearances (Goals).
Nicknamed Pitbull, Alas came through the youth ranks at Academia La Chelona and joined San Salvador F.C. in 2001.
After sparking interest with his Gold Cup performance, Alas trained with MLS club CD Chivas USA in contemplation of a potential move there. Nothing came of this and he return to El Salvador. On December 27, 2007, it was announced that Dennis Alas had signed a one year contract with USL-2 side Real Maryland F.C.. On July 14, 2008, It was announced by Real Maryland F.C. have terminated Dennis Alas’ contract by mutual consent with the player. The Salvadoran international played a total of 14 games and scored 3 goals and was also selected to the USL-2 team of the week twice including a USL-2 Player of the Week honor for his two goal performance in the 3-2 win over Cleveland. The Salvadoran was on loan to Real Maryland from his former club San Salvador F.C..
Due to a clause in his contract he became free when the capital club was relegated to El Salvador’s second division. Alas jumped at the chance to join Salvadoran champions C.D. Luís Ángel Firpo.
Alas made his debut for El Salvador in an October 2001 friendly match against Mexico and has, as of August 2011, earned a total of 63 caps, scoring 3 goals. He has represented his country in 7 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and played at several UNCAF Cups as well as at the 2007 and 2009 and 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cups.
On the night of June 7, 2007, he scored the game-winning goal against Trinidad and Tobago to give El Salvador their first win of their 2007 Gold Cup campaign. That night, Alas was named by Univision as the Miller Light Player Of The Match.
On September 20, 2013, Alas was one of 14 Salvadoran players banned for life due to their involvement with match fixing.
- Scores and results list El Salvador's goal tally first.
|1||21 February 2005||Estadio Mateo Flores, Guatemala City, Guatemala||Costa Rica||1–0||1–2||2005 UNCAF Nations Cup|
|2||7 June 2007||Home Depot Center, Carson, USA||Trinidad and Tobago||2–1||2–1||2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
|3||24 March 2011||Estadio Pedro Marrero, Havana, Cuba||Cuba||1–0||1–0||Friendly|
- Dennis Alas, Promising Salvadorian Player Comes To Real Maryland F.C. - Real Maryland FC
- Real Maryland Release Alas - Real Maryland FC
- Record at FIFA Tournaments - FIFA
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2007 - Full Details - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2009 - Full Details - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2011 - RSSSF
- "El Salvador match-fixing: 14 footballers banned for life". BBC. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- Dennis Alas at National-Football-Teams.com
- Fan Website Profile (Spanish)
- El Grafico Profile (Spanish)
- Profile - La Furia Pampera