|Born||July 12, 1972|
|Awards||Multiple Origins Awards, Diamond Award for PROTOTYPE on Gamertrailers.com.|
Dennis Detwiller got in touch with John Tynes after seeing an issue of Pagan Publishing's The Unspeakable Oath magazine in 1991, and thereafter started volunteering with the company.:244 When Tynes moved the company to Seattle in the mid 1990s, Detwiller agreed to move with him.:245 Detwiller worked at Pagan as art director where he co-created the Origins Award winning Delta Green in 1997 with Tynes and Adam Scott Glancy; Detwiller wrote a series of three chapbooks (1998-2000), and with Tynes and Glancy he expanded the setting in 1999 with Delta Green: Countdown.:246-247 Detwiller illustrated the also Origins Award winning The Hills Rise Wild!.
He is known for his work in the collectible card game Magic: The Gathering, to which he was a regular contributor. He also participated in many other projects at Wizards of the Coast and was a shareholder.
Detwiller and Greg Stolze prepared their game Godlike for publication by Pagan Publishing, but as Pagan was winding down, Detwiller took it to his friends Hsin Chen and Aron Anderson, who created the company Hawthorn Hobgoblynn Press (later known as EOS Press) in 2001 to publish the game.:249 After the release of Godlike in 2002 Detwiller founded Arc Dream Publishing with Shane Ivey. Detwiller and Ivey formed Arc Dream Publishing to produce supplements for Godlike, and in 2003 Arc Dream acquired the licensing from Stolze to use his One-Roll Engine (ORE) dice system.:250 He has since worked on Godlike's follow up Wild Talents and the free horror setting game NEMESIS since then. Detwiller and Ivey produced Delta Green: Targets of Opportunity (2010) and also resurrected Pagan's The Unspeakable Oath in 2010.:250
In 2002 he left Seattle for Vancouver to work with Radical Entertainment where he helped develop The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Scarface: The World is Yours and Prototype. In early 2009, he left Radical Entertainment for Hothead Games.
|This section requires expansion. (June 2010)|
- Delta Green (co-creator, with John Tynes and Adam Scott Glancy, 1997)
- GODLIKE (creator, writer and artist, 2001)
- Wild Talents (creator, writer and artist 2003)
- "About Me". Detwiller Design. Retrieved 2007-04-25.
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. ISBN 978-1-907702-58-7.
- A Brief History of Game #6: Pagan Publishing: 1990-Present RPGnet
- I’m Holding This Game For Ransom! Bruce Baugh, September 20, 2008, Tor.com
- "Author Info: Dennis Detwiller". e23. Steve Jackson Games. Retrieved 2010-06-21.
- Interview: Shane Ivey of Arc Dream Publishing, January 21, 2009, LivingDice.com
- Dennis Detwiller talks Prototype - Interview - play.tm
- What if Travis Bickle was “The Thing”?, Ray Huling, h+, June 10, 2009