|Date of birth||16 August 1929|
|Place of birth||Willenhall, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Playing position||Outside left|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Hill was born in Willenhall, Staffordshire. He joined Birmingham City in June 1951, and made his debut in the Second Division on 13 February 1954, deputising for regular outside left Alex Govan in a home game against West Ham United which Birmingham won 2–0. Hill played only three more games over the next three years, as Govan's goalscoring ability kept him out of first-team consideration, and in February 1957 he decided to pursue a career as a draughtsman while playing part-time football, first with Burton Albion and then with Matlock Town. He scored seven goals from 38 appearances for Matlock in the 1959–60 season, when the team won the championship of the Central Alliance League and reached the First Round Proper of the FA Cup for the first time in the club's history.
- "Birmingham City : 1947/48–2007/08". UK A–Z Transfers. Neil Brown. Retrieved 16 May 2009.
- Matthews, Tony (1995). Birmingham City: A Complete Record. Derby: Breedon Books. pp. 97–98. ISBN 978-1-85983-010-9.
- Matthews, p. 189.
- "Pen pictures and player profiles". Down Causeway Lane. Matlock Town F.C. Retrieved 16 May 2009.
- "Club History". Matlock Town F.C. Retrieved 16 May 2009.
- "Crook back for record replay". Down Causeway Lane. Matlock Town F.C. Retrieved 16 May 2009.
- "Matlock Town". Football Club History Database. Richard Rundle. Retrieved 16 May 2009.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a forward born in the 1920s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|