Praet with Anderlecht in 2011
|Full name||Dennis Praet|
|Date of birth||14 May 1994|
|Place of birth||Leuven, Belgium|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|2000–2002||K. Stade Leuven|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:07, 8 December 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Dennis Praet (born 14 May 1994) is a Belgian footballer who plays as a midfielder for Anderlecht in the Belgian Pro League. A talented technical player, Praet's potential was recognised in late 2012 when he was selected by football website IBWM in their list of the 100 most exciting young players in world football for 2013.
Dennis Praet spent most of his youth career with Genk, where he quickly made an impression. Within Genk he was part of a strong generation and scouts considered him one of the top talents. He became part of Belgium's youth teams and attracted the interest of clubs like Arsenal, FC Barcelona, Ajax and Lille. In May 2010 he transferred from Genk to Anderlecht.
At first he started out there with the under 19 group, where he also impressed. In 2011, Praet received the prize for best player during the Aegon Future Cup in Amsterdam, a youth tournament in which teams like Ajax and Bayern Munich also competed.
Praet debuted in Anderlecht's main team on 21 September 2011; in the Belgian Cup he started in the line-up against Lommel United, a game in which he offered two assists. In the next round of the Belgian Cup he scored his first official goal for Anderlecht, against Rupel Boom FC. Not long after, on 30 October, he also made his debut in the Belgian Pro League as a substitute for Fernando Canesin while playing against Lierse SK. In March 2012, Praet signed a new contract until 2015.
- As of 2 October 2013.
|Anderlecht||2011–12||Belgian Pro League||7||0||2||1||0||0||0||0||9||1|
|2012–13||Belgian Pro League||27||2||6||2||1||1||6||1||40||6|
|2013–14||Belgian Pro League||17||2||2||0||1||0||6||0||26||2|
- "The IBWM 100 for 2013". IBWM. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Arsenal to beat Barcelona in race for Belgian wonderkid?". Total Barça. 12 April 2010. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Jonges, Ronald (25 April 2011). "AEGON Future Cup: Het eindrapport" (in Dutch). Ajax.nl. Retrieved 30 January 2013. "adidas Beste Speler van de AEGON Future Cup 2011: Anderlecht-middenvelder Dennis Praet nam de prijs voor Beste Speler van het toernooi in ontvangst uit handen van Ajacied Christian Eriksen."
- "Dennis Praet 2011/2012 player appearances". Transfermarkt. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Dennis Praet 2012/2013 player appearances". Transfermarkt. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Dennis Praet 2013/2014 player appearances". Transfermarkt. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Paars-witte U17 winnen AEGON Future Cup". RSCA.be. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
|This biographical article related to association football in Belgium, about a midfielder, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|