Schröder playing for Germany in 2014
|No. 17 – Atlanta Hawks|
September 15, 1993 |
|Listed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Listed weight||168 lb (76 kg)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 1 / Pick: 17th overall|
|Selected by the Atlanta Hawks|
|2010–2013||SUM Baskets Braunschweig|
|Career highlights and awards|
Dennis Schröder (German pronunciation: [ˈʃʀøːdɐ]; born September 15, 1993 in Braunschweig) is a German professional basketball player who currently plays for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Schröder formerly played for SG Braunschweig and Phantoms Braunschweig. Schröder is widely regarded as one of the best talents in German basketball and has drawn many comparisons to Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo.
- 1 Professional career
- 2 NBA career statistics
- 3 Germany career statistics
- 4 Germany national team
- 5 Personal life
- 6 References
- 7 External links
In the 2011–12 season, his second professional season, he played 30 games for Phantoms Braunschweig, averaging 2.3 points, 0.7 assists and 0.8 rebounds in about 8 minutes per game.
In the 2012–13 season he played 32 games for Phantoms Braunschweig, averaging 12.0 points, 3.2 assists and 2.5 rebounds in about 25 minutes per game. For the season, he was named the League's Most Improved Player as well as Best Young German Player.
Nike Hoop Summit
In 2013, Schröder was announced to play at the 2013 Nike Hoop Summit for the World Select Team. Before officially playing at the Nike Hoop Summit, Schröder decided to declare for the 2013 NBA Draft. On April 20, 2013, Schröder led his team to a 112-98 win. He finished with 18 points, 6 assists and 2 rebounds in 29 minutes.
On June 27, 2013, Schröder was selected with the 17th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Atlanta Hawks. On December 4, 2013, Schröder was assigned to the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA D-League, and was recalled on December 16, 2013.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
Germany career statistics
Pro B regular season
Pro B playoffs
Basketball Bundesliga regular season
Basketball Bundesliga playoffs
Germany national team
Schröder has been a member of the German national under-18 and German national under-20 teams. He played in the 2012 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship and helped the German team to fifth place, averaging 14.6 minutes, 6.1 points, 2.0 assists and 1.8 rebounds.
Schröder is the son of a German father and a Gambian mother. He stated that he started focusing on his basketball career after his father died in 2010. He and his brother were both heavily involved with skateboarding until Dennis found basketball at age 11. His agent is former German basketball national player, Ademola Okulaja.
- German Wiktionary
- Profile at fibaeurope.com
- Basketball-Talent Schröder auf Nowitzkis Spuren (in German)
- Dennis Schröder Athlet und Aushilfsfriseur (in German)
- Mock draft: Dennis Schroeder is a young Rondo
- Stats 2011-12
- Stats 2012-13
- Shooting Star Dennis Schröder ist der „Most Improved Player“ und der „Beste deutsche Nachwuchsspieler“ (in German)
- Dennis Schroeder To Enter Draft
- 2013 Nike Hoop Summit Boxscore
- HAWKS ASSIGN DENNIS SCHRÖDER TO BAKERSFIELD JAM
- HAWKS RECALL DENNIS SCHRÖDER FROM BAKERSFIELD JAM, ASSIGN JARED CUNNINGHAM
- Basketball-Talent Schröder: Aus der Halfpipe in die Bundesliga (in German)
- "Inside The League 3: A TLN Exlusive Interview With Top Prospect Dennis Schröder". TheLeagueNews.com. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- Dennis Schroeder To Enter Draft
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- DraftExpress.com Profile