Schröder playing for Germany in 2014.
|No. 17 – Atlanta Hawks|
September 15, 1993 |
|Listed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Listed weight||168 lb (76 kg)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 1 / Pick: 17th overall|
|Selected by the Atlanta Hawks|
|2010–2013||SUM Baskets Braunschweig|
|Career highlights and awards|
Dennis Schröder (German pronunciation: [ˈʃʀøːdɐ]; born September 15, 1993) is a German professional basketball player who plays for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Standing at 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m), he plays at the point guard position. Schröder formerly played for SG Braunschweig and Phantoms Braunschweig. He is widely regarded as one of the best talents in German basketball and has drawn many comparisons to Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo.
Schröder started playing the professional basketball in 2010 for SUM Baskets Braunschweig, second team of Phantoms Braunschweig. In his first season with SUM Baskets Braunschweig, he averaged 7.8 points, 2.1 assists and 1.6 rebounds per game in a 2nd-tier German League. In the 2011–12 season he made a breakthrough, averaging 17.8 points and 6.7 assists over 23 regular season games. His team went in the playoffs where he averaged 18.8 points and 5.1 assists over 4 games. In the same season, he also played 30 games for Phantoms Braunschweig of the German League, averaging 2.3 points, 0.7 assists and 0.8 rebounds in about 8 minutes per game.
In the 2012–13 season he played 32 games for Phantoms Braunschweig, averaging 12 points, 3.2 assists and 2.5 rebounds in about 25 minutes per game. For the season, he was named the League's Most Improved Player as well as Best Young German Player.
In 2013, Schröder was announced to play at the 2013 Nike Hoop Summit for the World Select Team. Before officially playing at the Nike Hoop Summit, Schröder decided to declare for the 2013 NBA Draft. On April 20, 2013, Schröder led his team to a 112-98 win. He finished with 18 points, 6 assists and 2 rebounds in 29 minutes.
On June 27, 2013, Schröder was selected with the 17th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Atlanta Hawks. On July 11, 2013, he signed with the Hawks and joined them for the 2013 NBA Summer League. On December 4, 2013, he was assigned to the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA D-League. On December 16, 2013, he was recalled by the Hawks.
In July 2014, Schröder re-joined the Hawks for the 2014 NBA Summer League. On October 30, 2014, the Hawks exercised their third-year team option on Schröder's rookie scale contract, extending the contract through the 2015–16 season.
German national team
Schröder has been a member of the German national under-18 and German national under-20 teams. He played in the 2012 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship and helped the German team to fifth place, averaging 6.1 points, 2 assists and 1.8 rebounds in 14.6 minutes on the court. On 27 July 2014, he made his debut for the senior Germany national basketball team in a game against Finland.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
Schröder is the son of a German father and a Gambian mother. He stated that he started focusing on his basketball career after his father died in 2010. He and his brother were both heavily involved with skateboarding until Dennis found basketball at age 11. His agent is former German basketball national player, Ademola Okulaja.
- German Wiktionary
- Basketball-Talent Schröder auf Nowitzkis Spuren (in German)
- Dennis Schröder Athlet und Aushilfsfriseur (in German)
- Mock draft: Dennis Schroeder is a young Rondo
- Stats 2011-12
- Stats 2012-13
- Shooting Star Dennis Schröder ist der „Most Improved Player“ und der „Beste deutsche Nachwuchsspieler“ (in German)
- Dennis Schroeder To Enter Draft
- 2013 Nike Hoop Summit Boxscore
- ATLANTA HAWKS SIGN DENNIS SCHRÖDER
- HAWKS ASSIGN DENNIS SCHRÖDER TO BAKERSFIELD JAM
- HAWKS RECALL DENNIS SCHRÖDER FROM BAKERSFIELD JAM, ASSIGN JARED CUNNINGHAM
- Atlanta Hawks pick up Dennis Schröder's, but not John Jenkins' team option for next year
- Spiele von Denis Schroeder (10) (German)
- Basketball-Talent Schröder: Aus der Halfpipe in die Bundesliga (in German)
- "Inside The League 3: A TLN Exlusive Interview With Top Prospect Dennis Schröder". TheLeagueNews.com. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- Dennis Schroeder To Enter Draft
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dennis Schröder.|
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- DraftExpress.com Profile