||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
|Born||Abelardo Dennis Florencio Trillo Ho
May 12, 1981
Quezon City, Philippines
|Alma mater||Miriam College|
|Occupation||Actor, singer, model, TV host|
Abelardo Dennis Florencio Trillo Ho (born May 12, 1981), more widely known as Dennis Trillo, is a Filipino award-winning actor, singer, model and television host. His film debut was in Aishite Imasu (Mahal Kita) 1941. He is currently an artist of GMA Network. In 2006, he won three Best Actor trophies.
Life and career
Trillo's career in entertainment started in 2000 at ABS-CBN, when he was introduced in the 10th batch of ABS-CBN's Star Circle (now known as Star Magic). He was seen in the television soap operas Pangako Sayo and Sa Dulo ng Walang Hanggan where he played the confidante of one of the lead stars.
In 2004, he became one of the lead stars in the "telefantasya" (fantasy-themed TV series) Mulawin. He made his film debut in Aishite Imasu 1941: Mahal Kita, where he portrayed a cross-dressing spy for the Hukbalahap during the advent of the Japanese invasion in World War II. For Aishite Imasu, he received several awards and citations including Best Supporting Actor from the 30th Metro Manila Film Festival and Best Actor trophies from the Film Academy of the Philippines, the PMPC Star Awards for Movies, and the Young Critics Circle. He was also included in the third installment of Mano Po.
In 2005, Trillo was part of the TV adaptation of the Mars Ravelo comic, Darna, where he played the love interest of both the titular super-heroine as well as her archenemy Valentina. He was later part of the drama anthology Now and Forever: Agos. That same year, he reprised his role for Mulawin: The Movie, and was also in the film Blue Moon. He also won Best Actor trophies that year.
Trillo was again cast as a lead in Etheria, where he portrayed the Sapirian prince, Raquim. Midway through the series, GMA Network management announced that Trillo would be pulled out of Etheria to once again star in Majika, another fantasy-themed television series, but Trillo was allowed to complete Etheria.
Aside from his television show, Trillo also starred in the horror-suspense film Pamahiin. GMA also included him as a co-host for the network's noontime show SOP where he also plays drums as part of the show's Starband. He made a "Lenten Presentation" in GMA-7 entitled Unico Hijo which he played the role of Agnes, son of a well-known politician in their province who is gay, and has AIDS.
On May 12, 2008, Trillo joined an afternoon soap, Pablo Gomez's Magdusa Ka.
Trillo was born to Florita Florencio Ho (née Trillo), a Filipino and Abelardo Leslie Ho, a Chinese Filipino. Trillo finished his high school at The Philippine Women's University - Jose Abad Santos Memorial School in Quezon City and spent his grade school years (grades 1–7) at the Ateneo De Manila University. He has a B.A. in International Studies from Miriam College.
|2004||Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Supporting Actor||Aishite Imasu 1941: Mahal Kita||Won|
- Igma.tv profile
- Dennis Trillo and Tom Rodriguez overwhelmed by success of their ”loveteam” on My Husband's Lover | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz
- "Dennis Trillo disappointed with Angel Locsin's decision to switch channels". Philippine Entertainment Portal. 2007-07-25.
- GMA NEWS.TV, Dennis Trillo, Marian Rivera, Juday to star in Regal films
- Pacquiao, Trillo reenacts Magellan vs Lapu-Lapu battle, 04/29/2008
- "Gagambino" , pasok sa GMA-7!
- Dennis Trillo, gaganap na Gagambino
- GMA-7 reveals new fantaserye but keeps identity of the lead actor secret
- www.abs-cbnnews.comnews Dennis Trillo plays lead role in Gagambino
- Dingdong Dantes to replace Richard Gomez on Family Feud
- GMA NEWS.TV, Dennis Trillo: 'Yes, I’m the father of Carlene’s baby'
- "Metro Manila Film Festival:2004". IMDB. Retrieved 2014-04-09.