March 9, 1958 |
Ellsworth Community College
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
William Penn (Track & Field)
St. Cloud State (OC)
Fresno State (Asst.)
|Head coaching record|
College Football Data Warehouse
Dennis Wagner (born March 9, 1958 in Waverly, Iowa) is the former head football coach of the Western Carolina Catamounts located in Cullowhee, North Carolina. He took over as the twelfth head coach of the Catamounts on December 31, 2007 and resigned on November 13, 2011. He now serves as offensive coordinator at Liberty.
1976, Drake; 1977, Ellsworth (Iowa) Community College; 1978–79, Utah
Wagner begin his collegiate playing days in 1976 at Drake, then transferred to Ellsworth (Iowa) Community College where he became a JUCO All-American and team captain. Wagner completed his career at the University of Utah, and was selected team captain his senior season. He earned All-Western Athletic Conference (WAC) honors and an honorable-mention All-America honor as an offensive guard.
Head coaching record
|Wayne State Wildcats () (1989–1996)|
|Western Carolina Catamounts (Southern Conference) (2008–2011)|
|National championship Conference title Conference division title|
- "Bio: Dennis Wagner". Catamount Sports.
- "Western Carolina names Dennis Wagner head football coach". Western Carolina University. 2007-12-31.
- Lang, Chris (January 6, 2012). "Gill announces new coaching staff at LU". Nelson County Times. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "2008 WCU Media Guide". WCU. 2008.
- Final poll standings are from The Sports Network.