||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2014)|
Dennis Wojtkiewicz (born 1956, Chicago, Illinois) is an American Hyperrealist painter and draughtsman.
Wojtkiewicz graduated from Southern Illinois University and is artist associated with the Hyperrealist movement. He is best known for his large scale renderings of sliced fruit and flowers. In order to achieve his desired effect, technically, Wojtkiewicz relies on traditional oil paint and brushes with a classical application, he also uses pastel for his drawings.
Dennis Wojtkiewicz has exhibited his work in leading fine art galleries in the United States and abroad. His work is owned by many leading private, corporate and public collections including the Evanston Museum of Art, Fidelity Investments in Boston and the University of South Dakota.
Selected solo exhibitions
- 2003 Walter E. Terhune Gallery, Owens Community College, Toledo, OH
- 1999 Transfixion (a retrospective exhibition of drawings and paintings from the past decade), Springfield Museum of Art, Springfield, OH
- 1993 Campbell Learning Resources Center Gallery, Monroe Community College, Monroe, MI
- 1993 Sauder Visual Arts Center Gallery, Bluffton College, Bluffton, OH
- 1982 Illinois Arts Council Gallery, Chicago, IL
- 1981 Countryside Arts Center, Arlington Heights, IL
- 1980 Billy R R Gallery, Boston College, USA