Dennis Dan "Denny" Teresi (born August 14, 1954), now known as Dennis Terry, is an American radio disk jockey and former phone phreak most famous for being the person who introduced John Draper to the field of phreaking. Both Draper and Teresi were operating pirate radio stations in the San Jose, California area. Their initial contact came when Teresi responded by telephone to one of Draper's pirate broadcasts.
In the documentary The Secret History of Hacking, Teresi is identified as an expert in social engineering. Teresi's mastery of the phone company's jargon allowed him to speak with phone company employees and trick them into revealing more information.
- http://www.afana.org/ktaoroster.htm KTAO roster
- http://www.webcrunchers.com/stories/first_visit.html Webcrunchers
- "On this day in 1978." The Spartan Daily, February 8, 2012, p. 6.
- Kava, Brad (December 1, 2006). "Why it sounds a lot like Christmas on the air earlier and earlier". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- http://books.google.com/books?id=ECiBd4mYkVwC&pg=PT315&lpg=PT315&dq=record+store+%22denny+teresi%22&source=bl&ots=U70tr-vRnz&sig=h49QCfNwrc3avtmkae7odqANx5E&hl=en&sa=X&ei=dDqZU6-iDMH5oASktYGYBg&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=record%20store%20%22denny%20teresi%22&f=false Exploding the Phone: The Untold Story of the Teenagers and Outlaws Who ... By Phil Lapsley