|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Denshin 8 go (Japanese: 電信八号, pronounced [denɕĩ hatɕiŋoː]) is an e-mail client used on the Microsoft Windows. Its fully quarified name is インターネットメーラー電信八号 (an the Internet Mailer named Telecommunicator Number Eight). It is also called Den8 (電八, IPA: [dempatɕi̥]) for short. Denshin 8 go was developed by Ishioka Takamitsu in 1995 (prior to Windows 95).
Denshin 8 go supports the POP3 and SMTP protocols.
Some helper applications of Denshin 8 go support the IMAP protocol.
- Alias file - backward compatible with MH
- Regular expression - for search, auto template selection, auto mail distribution among folders
- Your favorite editor/viewer - able to use any editor/viewer with it
- No binary mailbox - e-mail are saved as plain text files, 1 by 1
- Optional pre-receiving confirmation - able to delete spams, able to get only selected e-mail you need now.
- Free from the Registry - safe against PC virus/worm/trojan horse
- Easy to install - No installer; Get the archive, melt the archive
- Easy to back up or to move - Copy the whole folder
- Easy to uninstall - Delete the whole folder
- Many helper applications.
The change of the share in Japan (See ja)
- 4.9 % - 1998/3/27-4/5 - the estimate users: ca 0.51 million (the Internet users in Japan at the end of 1997: 11.55 million)
- 1.75% - 2003/6/3-6/8 - the estimate users: ca 0.98 million (the Internet users in Japan(PC) at the end of 2002: 57.22 million, the same 2003: 61.64 million)
- 1.4 % - 2005/3/19-25 - the estimate users: ca 0.86 million (the Internet users in Japan(PC) at the end of 2004: 64.16 million)
- (The share of Windows is taken into consideration.)
- (considered to be Beginner's ML basis)
- 1.5 ％ - 1997/2/8 -announcement day-
- the reporter's comment: "Just as I guess, it is a bit difficult for beginners, isn't it?" (やはり初心者には取っつきにくいか？)
- (considered to be ML about Windows NT basis)
- 4.79％ - 1997/3/19-1998/3/18
- 1.53％ - 1998/8/25 -announcement day- (5 months)