|No. of offices||79 across 52 countries|
|No. of lawyers||Approx. 2,600|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Key people||Elliott Portnoy (Chief Executive Officer)
Joseph Andrew (Chairman)
|Revenue||Approx US$1.3 billion (2013/14 pro forma)|
|Date founded||28 March 2013 (by merger)|
|Company type||Swiss Verein|
Dentons is a multinational law firm. It was founded in March 2013 by the merger of SNR Denton, Fraser Milner Casgrain and Salans. It has 79 offices across 52 countries and is one of the world's 10 largest law firms by number of lawyers, with approximately 2,600 lawyers and professionals. It has been ranked one of the world's top 20 Global Elite law firms by a survey of in-house counsel around the world.
Dentons is structured as a Swiss Verein comprising Salans FMC SNR Denton Europe LLP (informally Dentons Europe), Dentons Canada LLP (Dentons Canada), Dentons US LLP (Dentons US), Dentons UKMEA LLP (Dentons UKMEA) and Brandt Chan & Partners in Hong Kong (Dentons Asia Pacific), and their respective affiliates. The firm is decentralised and has no headquarters.
On 11 November 2012, SNR Denton, Salans and the Canada-based Fraser Milner Casgrain announced a three-way merger, forming a new law firm structured as a Swiss Verein and named Dentons. The partners of the three firms ratified the merger on 28 November 2012, and it was completed on 28 March 2013.
Main practice areas
Dentons' main practice areas include:
- Antitrust and Competition
- Banking and Finance
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Capital Markets
- Employment, Benefits and Pensions
- Intellectual Property
- International Arbitration
- International Trade
- Life Sciences and Health Care
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Public Policy and Regulation
- Real Estate
- Trusts, Estates and Wealth Management
Dentons has offices in the following locations:
- United States
- "New-look Dentons to be 'most multi-cultural' law firm". The Lawyer. 12 November 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "Leadership Module". Dentons. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "Dentons reports first combined revenues since three-way merger". Legal Week. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "SNR Denton and Salans prepare to seal three-way deal with Canada's FMC". The Lawyer. 7 November 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "SNR Denton prepares for mega-merger". The Washington Post. 11 November 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "Salans, SNR and FMC approve three-way merger after partner votes". The Lawyer. 28 November 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "Dentons launches in Houston to target energy work". The Lawyer. 24 September 2013. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "Fact Sheet". Dentons. Retrieved 30 March 2013.