|Born||June 26, 1991|
|Listed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Listed weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school||Centennial (Compton, California)|
|NBA draft||2014 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Burton, a 6'1" point guard, played for Centennial High School in Compton, California. He averaged 21 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists per game as a senior and scored 2000 points in his career. He was named the 2010 division III winner of the John R. Wooden Award, given to the Los Angeles area high school player of the year for each California Interscholastic Federation division.
Following his high school career, Burton signed with Nevada and was an immediate impact player for the Wolf Pack. He started all 32 games, averaging 13.7 points and 3.5 assists. At the end of the season, Burton was named Western Athletic Conference (WAC) Freshman of the Year and an honorable mention all-conference pick.
As a sophomore in 2011–12, Burton improved on these numbers, averaging 14.8 points and 4.2 assists per game and leading Nevada to a WAC regular-season championship. At the end of the regular season, Burton was named WAC Player of the Year and a first team all-league pick. Burton also received national recognition when he was named an honorable mention All-American by the Associated Press. The Wolf Pack's season ended disappointingly, however, as they were upset in the 2012 WAC Men's Basketball Tournament by Louisiana Tech, then were knocked out in the quarterfinals of the National Invitation Tournament by eventual champion Stanford.
- "ESPN.com profile". ESPN.com. 2012. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "John R. Wooden Award Committee Chooses 2010 High School Players of the Year". John R. Wooden Award. 2010. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Burton Named WAC Freshman of the Year". Nevada Wolf Pack Athletics. 2011. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Carter WAC Coach Of The Year, Burton WAC Player Of The Year". Nevada Wolf Pack Athletics. 2012. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Burton named AP Honorable Mention All-American". KRNV News. 2012. Retrieved July 28, 2012.