Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare (Tamil Nadu)
|Jurisdiction||Tamil Nadu, India|
|Minister responsible||N. Subramanian,, Minister for Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare|
|Agency executive||Thiru A.S Jeevarathinam IAS , Principal Secretary to the Government & Agricultural Production Commissioner to the Government|
|Parent agency||Government of Tamil Nadu|
The Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare of state of Tamil Nadu is a Department of the Government of Tamil Nadu, India
- The Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare was formed in 1988, after bifurcation from the Social Welfare Department of Secretariat.
Objective & Functions of the Department
This Department functions as the nodal Department for the all round development of Adi Dravidar and Tribal communities in the State of Tamil Nadu. The basic objective of the Department is to formulate policies, laws, regulations and programmes for the economic, educational and social development of the Adi Dravidars and Scheduled Tribes in the State. The aim is to empower the target groups through their educational, economic and social development. Accordingly, this Department is implementing various programmes and schemes to achieve the above objective
According to the allocation of subjects as per the Business Rules, this Department has been allocated the following items of work:
- State Subjects:
- Bonded Labour
- Criminal Appeals.
- Removal of Civil disabilities.
- Welfare and advancement of SC and STs including eradication of
- Concurrent Subjects.
- All Welfare schemes of SC and STs
Sub - Departments
|Directorate of Adi Dravidar Welfare|
|Directorate of Tribal Welfare|
|Social Justice and Human Rights wing||Social Justice and Human Rights wing is functioning in the Police
Department exclusively for the protection of Civil Rights and to prevent atrocities on Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe in this State. This wing is headed by an Inspector General of Police with adequate officials at various levels. At the District level, Mobile Squads have been formed with an Inspector and supporting staff. Periodical meetings are conducted by this Department to review the functioning of the wing
Undertakings & Bodies
|Tamil Nadu Adi Dravidar Housing and Development Corporation Limited (TAHDCO)||http://www.tahdco.tn.gov.in/|
Present Ministers (2011-Till)
- N. Subramanian - Minister for Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare
- Tamilarasi (2006-2011)
- Government of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Government's Departments
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (India)
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (India)
- Department of Finance (Kerala)
- "The Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department were formed". http://www.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Minister for Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare". http://www.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Principal Secretary to the Government". http://www.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare was formed on 1988". http://www.tn.gov.in/rti/. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Works of the Department". http://www.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Sub - Departments of the ADTW Department". http://www.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Additional Works of the ADTW Department". http://www.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Public-sector undertaking under the ADTW Department". http://www.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- www.tn.gov.in/departments/adtw.html (Official Website of the Tamil Nadu Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department)
- www.tn.gov.in/rti/proactive/adtw/handbook-adtw.pdf ( RTI site of the Tamil Nadu Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department)
- Official website of Government of Tamil Nadu