Department of Business Economics
|Department of Business Economics|
|Motto||निष्ठा धति: सत्यम्|
|Chancellor||Vice-President of India|
Founded in 1973, the University of Delhi's Department of Business Economics pioneered the Masters Program in Business Economics, MBE, patterned on a similar program conducted by Harvard Business School. The department also administers the Bachelors, M.Phil and Ph.D. programs in this discipline and has initiated the same programs for other universities.
The school has Finance and Econometrics programmes. There is a two-year full-time programme in Business Economics. A revised syllabus for Masters in Business Economics (M.B.E) has been in place since 1996-1997. New papers on Global Finance, Business Policy, Environment Economics and Resource Management and Economics of Services have been included.
The department offers M Phil and Ph.D. programmes to which admissions are made in accordance with the rules of the University of Delhi. The department has introduced, with effect from 1995–96, an undergraduate Honours Course in Business Economics in selected colleges of the University of Delhi. An updated syllabus has been implemented from the academic year 2003. Workshops are organised to strengthen the teaching.
Master of Business Economics
The Master of Business Economics programme is a two year, full-time course offering dual specialization to the students. Students are given a grounding in fundamentals of micro and macro economics and quantitative techniques - business statistics. These are coupled with specializations in the fields of quantitative techniques/finance/marketing/HRA systems and operations/regional and transport economics/ and applied environmental economics.
Offerings by the department are industrial economics - teaching students to basics of structure-conduct-performance paradigm; basics of transfer pricing; M&As etc., Economics of services - study of growing importance of the service sector in modern economies across the world; detailed study of four major global services, Economics of environment and natural resources management - schooling students in contemporary practices such as carbon credits).
Assignments require the anaysis of data from sources such as the World Bank and IMF, case studies, and presentations.
- Vinay Vohra- Founder & CEO of Corporateserve Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Sunil K Goyal – CEO Bharti Teletech
- Sameer Nayar – MD, Doctor Beliram & Sons PVT LTD
- Ms Kalpana Jain – Senior Director, Delloite
- Pradeep Padmanabhan – VP, RIL
- Vivek Sharma – Head Energy, CRISIL
- Soumitra Sen - Marketing Director, Fabric Care - Australia, India, ASEAN & Korea, Procter & Gamble
- Navindra Gautam - Dy Director (International relations), Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- Ashish Khandelwal – CEO, Moksha Lifestyle Products
- Official website.
- Delhi University website.
- Interactive platform for everyone associated with Delhi University.