Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency
|Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency|
|Formed||8 March 2010|
|Preceding Agency||Department of Climate Change|
|Dissolved||25 March 2013|
|Superseding agency||Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
|Employees||995 (as at June 2011)|
|Annual budget||A$224 million (2010–11)|
|Agency executives||Blair Comley PSM, Secretary;
Dr Steven Kennedy, Deputy Secretary, Mitigation Group;
Dr Subho Banerjee, Deputy Secretary, Adaptation, International and Corporate Group;
Geoff Knuckey, Audit Committee Independent Chair
|Child agency||Clean Energy Regulator|
|2011 Annual Report|
The Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency was an Australian Government department. Its role was to serve the people of Australia by developing a more prosperous and sustainable Australia by leading and coordinating the mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions, promotion of energy efficiency, adaptation to climate change and shaping of global solutions.
The Department was led by its Secretary, Blair Comley PSM who was responsible to the Minister for Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, the Honourable Greg Combet AM MP. The minister was assisted by the Parliamentary Secretary for Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, the Honourable Mark Dreyfus QC MP.
On 25 March 2013, responsibility for Climate Change passed to the newly formed Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education.
|This section requires expansion. (August 2012)|
The Clean Energy Regulator was a statutory authority belonging to the department.
Mission and outcomes
The department dealt with:
- Development and co-ordination of domestic and international climate change policy
- International climate change negotiations
- Design and implementation of emissions trading
- Mandatory renewable energy target policy, regulation and co-ordination
- Greenhouse emissions and energy consumption reporting
- Climate change adaptation strategy and co-ordination
- Co-ordination of climate change science activities
- CA 9310: The Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 9 December 2013
- "Administrative Arrangements Order" (PDF). Government of Australia. 25 January 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-07-22. Retrieved 2008-08-27.
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|