Department of Industries (Kerala)
|Minister responsible||P. K. Kunhalikutty, Minister for Industries (including Industrial Co-operatives), Commerce, Mining and Geology, Information Technology, Handlooms and Textiles, Waqf and Haj Pilgrimage, Municipalities and Corporations, Town Planning, Regional Development Authorities.|
The Department of Industries is a key government department that oversees industrial activity in the Indian state of Kerala. The DOI is a senior cabinet department led by a senior minister and team of 15 secretaries. The administrative head of the Industries & Commerce Department is the Principal Secretary (Industries & Commerce). The Directorate of Industries & Commerce Department is located at Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram, is headed by the Director (Industries & Commerce). This is the functional arm of the department implementing various industrial activities of the departments. District Industries Centers are located in all district headquarters.
To achieve high and sustainable economic growth, with specific thrust to social objectives, through rapid industrialization and big leap in commercial activities, without affecting ecology and environment and to create large-scale employment opportunities for the people of Kerala and ensuring them fair wages and to convert Kerala into an investment friendly destination.
- Convert Kerala into a favoured destination for Manufacturing, Agro Processing, Health Services, and Knowledge based Industries and Services
- Strengthen the State Level Public Enterprises (SLPEs) by technological upgradation, diversification, efficient management system and synergizing with Central Public Sector Undertakings
- Make Traditional Industries competitive by modernization, value addition and skill development
- Promote and support SMSEs as an ancillary to large scale industries as well as a self-sustaining entity considering its role as a largest employment provider in the State
- Make use of the abundant and highly rich mineral resources of the State to the fullest extent protecting environment and ecology and restricting the mining activity in the Public Sector
- Generate massive employment in industrial, commercial and service sectors
- Attract huge capital investment on mutually beneficial terms
- Tap the rich industrial potential of biotechnology
- Accelerate growth in Service Sector and to make Kerala a major Commercial Hub
- Develop Kerala as a global centre of excellence with state-of-the-art education and skill sets and prepare a pool of multi skilled, technically competent individuals and organizations
The Industries & Commerce Department is headed by the Hon'ble Minister (Industries & Commerce). The administrative headed of the Industries & Commerce Department is the Additional Chief Secretary (Industries & Commerce). The Directorate of Industries & Commerce is located at Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram, headed by the Director (Industries & Commerce). This is the functional arm of the Department implementing various industrial activities of the Department. District Industries Centers are located in all district headquarters.
- Directorate of Industries and Commerce (DI&C)
- Directorate of Handloom and Textiles
- Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC)
- Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (KINFRA)
- Kerala Bureau of Industrial Promotion (K-BIP)
- Public Sector Restructuring and Internal Audit Board (RIAB)
- Khadi and Village Industries Board (KVIB)
- Directorate of Public Sector Undertakings
- Directorate of Coir Development Department