Department of Revenue (Tamil Nadu)
|Minister responsible||Thiru N. D. Venkatachalam , Minister for Revenue|
|Agency executive||Thiru Thiru Rajeev Ranjan IAS , Principal Secretary to the Government|
|Parent agency||Government of Tamil Nadu|
The Department of Revenue of state of Tamil Nadu is one of the Department of Government of Tamil Nadu
- The functions of erstwhile Tamil Nadu Revenue Board (Tamil Nadu Board of Revenue) was abolished in the year 1980. The operation of this board was taken overed by Tamil Nadu Revenue Department.
Objective & Functions of the Department
1) Providing efficient delivery of services of various Government schemes to the people of Tamil Nadu.
2) Providing relief and implementing rehabilitation measures for those affected by Natural Calamities.
3) Functioning as the custodian of Government lands and ensuring proper maintenance of land records for the State.
4) Implementation of Land Reforms and providing land to the needy and eligible persons.
Sub - Departments
|Name||Website||Established||Functions & Organisations|
|Department of Revenue Administration, Disaster Management and Mitigation|
|Department of Land Administration Department|
|Department of Land Reforms|
|Department of Urban Land Ceiling & Urban Land Tax|
|Department of Survey and Settlement (Department of Survey and Land Records)|
Present Ministers (2011-Till)
- P. Mohan (politician), Minister for Rural Industries
- Government of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Government's Departments
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Department of Finance (Kerala)
- http://www.tn.gov.in/departments/rev.html (Official Website of the Tamil Nadu Revenue Department)
- http://www.tn.gov.in (Official website of Government of Tamil Nadu)
- http://www.tn.gov.in/rti/proact_revenue.htm (Tamil Nadu Revenue Department RTI)