Cover of the first edition
|Cover artist||Barclay Shaw|
|Genre||Science fiction short stories|
|Publisher||Del Rey Books|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|LC Class||MLC R CP00507|
The book contains twenty short short stories and novelettes by the author, some originally published under his early pseudonym Eric G. Iverson, together with an introductory author's note. The first edition also includes a short piece about the author and an excerpt from his then-recent novel The Guns of the South.
"In the Presence of Mine Enemies" was later expanded into a full-length novel.
- "Author's Note"
- "Counting Potsherds"
- "Death in Vesunna" (with Elaine O'Byrne)
- "Islands in the Sea"
- "Not All Wolves"
- "Clash of Arms"
- "Pillar of Cloud, Pillar of Fire"
- "Report of the Special Committee on the Quality of Life"
- "The Last Reunion"
- "Designated Hitter"
- "Gladly Wolde He Lerne"
- "The Barbecue, the Movie, and Other Unfortunately Not So Relevant Material"
- "In the Presence of Mine Enemies"
- "The R Strain"
- "Secret Names"
- "Les Mortes D'Arthur"
- "Last Favour"
- "Nasty, Brutish, and..."
|This article about a science fiction book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|