Deptford railway station
Location of Deptford in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Lewisham|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|8 February 1836||Opening of temporary station|
|24 December 1838||New station building constructed|
|15 March 1915||Closed|
|19 July 1926||Reopened|
|26 April 2012||New station building constructed|
|Lists of stations|
| London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
Deptford is a suburban railway station in the UK capital city of London. It is located in Deptford, London Borough of Lewisham, on the North Kent Line, about three miles from London Bridge station. The staggered platforms are on the London Bridge to Greenwich railway viaduct, a high brick viaduct on which the line runs at this point, above High Street, Deptford.
The typical off-peak service from the station is:
- 6tph (trains per hour) to London Cannon Street
- 2tph to Slade Green, returning to London Cannon Street via Sidcup
- 2tph to Barnehurst, returning to London Cannon Street via Bexleyheath
- 2tph to Dartford
Additionally during peak hours some services start or continue to Charing Cross with all services post 9pm and on Sundays going to Charing Cross.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Southwark Park||South Eastern
and Chatham Railway
The station came into existence when the London and Greenwich Railway opened its first section between Spa Road, Bermondsey and Deptford on 8 February 1836. The line was extended westwards to the new London Bridge Station on 14 December 1836 and eastwards to Greenwich on 24 December 1838.
A new station building was opened on Thursday 26 April 2012; the new station is fully accessible. A second entry/exit will be opened later in 2015 as soon as the refurbishment of the old carriage ramp is refurbished; this will be located on level with Platform 1.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deptford railway station.|
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations, Patrick Stephens Ltd, Sparkford, ISBN 1-85260-508-1, p. 78.
- "Old Deptford History: Deptford Station". Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Staines, David (November 2011). "Deptford reborn". Modern Railways (Ian Allan Publishing).