|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)|
|Look up chug in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A bomb shot, or "depth charge," is a mixed drink that is made by mixing two drinks. A drink in a small glass (typically a shot glass) is dropped into a larger glass holding a different drink. The resulting cocktail is typically consumed as quickly as possible ("chugged").
A bomb shot typically consists of a shot glass of hard liquor that is dropped into a glass partially filled with beer but sometimes with some other beverage. Many variations exist. When the shot is dropped into a superpint it is commonly known as a "Depth Charge," because it resembles the anti-submarine weapon being dropped on a target.
Examples of popular bomb shots include:
- The classic Boilermaker: a shot of whisky dropped into beer
- Flaming Doctor Pepper: a shot of Amaretto and Bacardi 151 which is lit on fire and dropped into beer
- Jägerbomb: a shot of Jägermeister dropped into a glass containing an energy drink. Likewise, the F-Bomb — Fireball Cinnamon Whisky and Red Bull.
- Irish Car Bomb: a shot glass containing 1/2 Irish cream and 1/2 Irish whiskey dropped into Guinness stout
- Sake bomb: a shot of sake dropped into beer
- Skittle Bomb: a shot of Cointreau dropped into a glass containing an energy drink
- Hand Grenade: Two shots, One of Tequila, one of Jägermeister, carefully balanced against each other over a tumbler of energy drink. The Tequila is then 'pulled' as the pin and drunk allowing the Jägermeister to fall in to the tumbler creating a Jägerbomb which is then to be consumed immediately after.
- Elephant on a Table: A shot of Amarula dropped into a half pint of Tafel Lager. A Windhoek speciality.
- Cider Bomb: A shot of Jägermeister is dropped into a glass of apple cider.
- Drop Bear: An Australia-specific bomb shot where a shot of Bundaberg Rum is dropped into a glass of Victoria Bitter. Named both for the iconic drop bear of Australian legend, and because the label of Bundaberg Rum is a polar bear.
- Magic eye: Central-European drink where a shot of Crème de menthe is dropped into beer, usually staying consistent and forming green "eye" inside the beer glass.
- Hoare, Peter (January 9, 2014). "5 Awesome Drinks You Can Make With Fireball Cinnamon Whisky". Food & drinks. MTV. Retrieved June 17, 2014.