|2003 (1st edition)|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Pages||339 p. (hardback edition)|
|ISBN||ISBN 0-446-53158-8 (hardback edition)|
|LC Class||PS3569.I3747 D47 2003|
Derailed is a thriller novel written by James Siegel and published in February 2003. It tells the story of Charles Schine, a man who works in the advertising business, who suddenly finds himself having an affair, being blackmailed, and having the police investigate him for murder, all because he missed his usual commuter train one day.
- A movie based on the novel was released on November 11, 2005 in the USA. The film starred Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston, Melissa George, among others.
- The Tamil movie entitled "Pachaikili Muthucharam", directed by Gautham Menon and featuring Sarath Kumar, Jyothika, and Milind Soman, was based on "Derailed".
- The Train: Some Lines Should Never Be Crossed, a bollywood movie starring Emran Hashmi, Geeta Basra and Sayali Bhagat, was also based on "Derailed". Both these movies were released in the same year, 2007.
- A Sinhala movie titled "Dakina Dakina Mal" starring Damitha Abeyrathne, Roshan Pilapitiya, Roger Seneviratne and Semini Iddamalgoda, was made with a very similar storyline.
- Gautam Menon, the director of the Tamil version of the movie, credited the novel in the end titles, saying, he was inspired by the novel. The Hindi version of the movie did not give any due credits.
|This article about a thriller novel of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|