Des Dalton is the president of Republican Sinn Féin (RSF). Previously a member of Ógra Fianna Fáil, he joined RSF aged 18 and has been a member of the RSF Ard Comhairle for over a decade. Dalton ran in the Athy town council Elections in 2004 and 2009 in his home town of Athy, Co Kildare. In both occasions he did not win a seat. He is a brother of Fianna Fáil Kildare County Councillor Mark Dalton.
In 1998 Des Dalton spoke in Maynooth NUI in a debate about constitutional nationalism. Dr Garret FitzGerald, former Taoiseach of the Republic of Ireland, spoke against Dalton. Dalton remarked that constitutional nationalism was repeatedly "slapped in the face" by Great Britain.
- National: IRA dissidents say police remain targets The Observer; Feb 7, 2010
- RSF calls for No vote in citizen poll, Irish Times; 1 May 2004
- 2004 Athy election results
- Audio interview on Canadian radio
- Des Dalton Lecture, Feb, 2000.
- Sinn Féin Centenary Lecture, May, 2005.
- Talk delivered by RSF President Des Dalton at the Alternative G8 Summit in Edinburgh On July 3, 2005.
- Avanti, senza compromessi, fino alla libertà, interview, April 2007 (Italian)
|This article about a politician from Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|