|Directed by||Puri Jagannadh|
|Produced by||D.V.V. Danayya|
|Written by||Puri Jagannadh|
|Cinematography||Shyam K. Naidu|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
|Distributed by||Universal Media|
|Release dates||12 January 2007|
|Budget||100 million (US$1.7 million)(citation needed)|
|Box office||300 million (US$5.0 million)(4 Weeks)|
Desamuduru is a 2007 Telugu film, dubbed into Malayalam and Tamil as Hero: The Real Hero, and Hindi as Ek Jwalamukhi. The film has Allu Arjun and Hansika Motwani in the lead. The film was directed by Puri Jagannadh. D.V.V. Danaiah produced Desamuduru under the Universal Media banner. The movie was released on 12 January 2007 in 400 theatres. This movie is one of the biggest hits in Allu Arjun's career. Rambha acted in an item song alongside Allu Arjun.
Bala Govind (Allu Arjun) is a program director in MAA TV. His fights for justice regularly get him into trouble. During one of these incidents, he saves a person (Raja Ravindra) from goons while severely thrashing Murugan (Subbaraju), son of the notorious smuggler Tambi Durai (Pradeep Rawat). Fearing retribution from Tambi Durai, the MAA TV crew sends Bala to Kullu Manali to shoot a travel episode, where Bala meets Vaishali (Hansika Motwani), who is a sannyasin. It is love at first sight for Bala. Vaishali, though initially apprehensive of Bala, falls for him. The head sannyasin of the ashram Rama Prabha (Rama Prabha) unites the couple. However, before Bala is able to return to Hyderabad with Vaishali and marry her, some goons kidnap her. Bala returns to Hyderabad and finds that she is with Tambi Durai. The person who was saved by Bala reveals that Vaishali is the daughter of Narayan Patwari (Devan). In order to grab Patwari's property, Tambi Durai killed him and his wife (Telangana Shakuntala) and performed the marriage of Vaishali with Murugan in front of their dead bodies. However, Vaishali escapes and reaches Kulu Manali. Bala decides to save Vaishali from their clutches and eventually succeeds in his attempt and marries her.
- Allu Arjun as Bala Govind Goud
- Hansika Motwani as Vaishali
- Chandra Mohan as Chandra Mohan
- Ali as Shankar/Himalayan Baba
- Pradeep Rawat as Tambi Durai
- Jeeva as Ponnuswamy
- Subbaraju as Murugan
- Raghu Babu as compounder
- Ajay as Tambi Durai's henchman
- Ahuti Prasad as A. Prasad
- G. V. Sudhakar Naidu as Tambi Durai's henchman
- Rama Prabha as Rama Prabha
- Srinivasa Reddy as Ravi
- Satyam Rajesh as Rajesh
- Junior Relangi as Bala's colleague
- Gundu Sudharshan as Sudarshan
- Telangana Shakuntala as Tambi Durai's wife
- Hema as Ponnuswamy's wife
- Kovai Sarala as Shivani
- Devan as Narayan Patwari
- Raja Ravindra
- Sony Raj as Bala's friend
- Melkote as doctor
- Uttej as Radio Mirchi reporter
- Venu Madhav as tea seller
- Gowtham Raju as apples' exporter
- Narsing Yadav as police inspector
- Rambha in the item number "Attaantode Ittaantode"
- Director: Puri Jagannadh
- Story: Puri Jagannadh
- Dialogue: Puri Jagannadh
- Producer: D.V.V. Danayya
- Music: Chakri
- Cinematography: Shyam K. Naidu
- Editor: Marthand K Venkatesh
- Stunts: Vijayan
|Studio album by Chakri|
25 December 2006 (India)
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
- "Ninne Ninne" - Chakri, Kousalya
- "Gili Gili Ga" - Devan, Andrea
- "Satte Ye Godava Ledhu" - Ranjith
- "Gola Petti Nadiro" - Raghu Kunche, Kousalya
- "Manusuley" - Chakri, Kousalya
- "Attaantode Ittaantode" - Ravi Varma, Suchitra
The film grossed 300 million in four weeks.
Desamuduru grossed 350 million (US$5.8 million) in 6 Weeks. later on the film ended up with a final figure of 410 million (US$6.8 million) in 100 Days worldwide delivering a Share of 250 million (US$4.2 million). It is one of the blockbusters in Allu Arjun's career as well as the highest grossing movie of 2007.
- "indiaglitz.com". Desamuduru set for release in 400 theatres. Retrieved 11 January 2007.
- "Rambha's item number in Desa Muduru". telugucinema.com. Archived from the original on 2 January 2007. Retrieved 21 December 2006.
- "greatandhra.com". Ninne Ninne Rocking Music Lovers. Archived from the original on 12 January 2007. Retrieved 18 January 2007.
- "greatandhra.com". Desamuduru First Week Collections. Archived from the original on 21 January 2007. Retrieved 19 January 2007.
- "nonstopcinema.com". Desamuduru worldwide 7-day gross – 125.8 million. Archived from the original on 22 January 2007. Retrieved 19 January 2007.
- "greatandhra.com". Desamuduru Collected Rs. 29,63,00,655 in 4 Weeks. Archived from the original on 16 February 2007. Retrieved 14 February 2007.