Desert Valley Hospital
|Desert Valley Hospital|
|Prime Healthcare Services, Inc.|
|Location||Victorville, California, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
Desert Valley Hospital (DVH) is an 83 bed acute care facility in Victorville, California, USA. DVH is owned and operated by Prime Healthcare Services, Inc. (PHS), a hospital management company located in Ontario. PHS was founded in 2001 by Prem Reddy, who acts as its present Chairman of the Board. The hospital groundbreaking was done by Roy Rogers. The hospital is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association's Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program. The hospital had 7,179 admissions, 1,070 inpatient procedures, 597 surgeries, and its emergency room had 32,392 visits in the last year data was made available.
- 24-hour basic emergency
- Cardiovascular Lab
- Imaging Services - Digital Filmless Radiology
- Clinical Lab
- Critical Care/Stepdown Unit
- Surgical Services
- Outpatient Physical Therapy
In 2005, two former nurses at Desert Valley Hospital won a lawsuit in which they claimed they were improperly fired after they accused hospital management of providing inadequate care to save money and Reddy of repeatedly reporting to work while under the influence of alcohol. In February 1999, Reddy was arrested for allegedly attacking Dr. Harry Lifschutz at Desert Valley Medical Group. Reddy jumped over a desk in the doctor's waiting room and allegedly attempted to choke him and take a laptop from Lifschutz's office.
Awards & recognitions
- Truven Health Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters) Top 100 Hospital 7 years, including 2013.
- Top Hospital of Top 10% of Pacificare's Hospital Quality Index amongst the hospitals in California
- Highest Achievable Scores by American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Ranked #45 of California hospitals and #3 in the San Bernardino - Riverside, California metropolitan area by U.S. News & World Report.
List of famous patients
- "Accreditation". HFAP. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Desert Valley Hospital". U.S. News & World Report. 2012. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Hospital group rejects system and cashes in
- DVH official website
- This hospital in the CA Healthcare Atlas A project by OSHPD
- Prime Healthcare Services, Inc.
- Prem Reddy, MD, FACC, FCCP