||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Designated Nationalist and Designated Other. (Discuss) Proposed since October 2014.|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
"After the signing of the Roll a Member may enter in the Roll a designation of identity, being Nationalist, Unionist or Other. A Member who does not register a designation of identity shall be deemed to be designated Other for the purposes of these Standing Orders."
"Designated Nationalist” means a member designated as a Nationalist in accordance with standing orders of the Assembly and “designated Unionist” shall be construed accordingly."
Parties and independent MLAs designated Unionist in the Northern Ireland Assembly
- http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/theassembly/ConsolidatedStandingOrders.pdf Northern Ireland Assembly
- http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1998/ukpga_19980047_en_2#pt1-l1g4 Northern Ireland Act 1998
- Designated Nationalist
- Designated Other
- Northern Ireland Assembly
- Member of the Legislative Assembly
- Northern Ireland Act 1998