Designers Management Agency
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2014)|
||This article has no lead section. (July 2014)|
|Founded||New York, New York USA|
|Headquarters||New York, New York USA|
DMA united is the first talent representation agency to provide new business development services to designers and brands within the luxury sector. More specifically they provide services to companies within the fields of fashion, entertainment, sports, arts, culinary and interior design. This includes: brand positioning, strategy, corporate identity, advertising, photoshoot production, packaging, media planning and buying, collateral, licensing, co-branding/partnerships, direct to retail, commercial endorsements, retail expansion, and design consultation. The agency’s global network of business relationships has fueled its growth beyond fashion, into fine jewelry, footwear, beauty, cultural institutions, culinary, sports, fine art, and even pop culture. DMA united creates platforms for clients that connects them to their target consumers, leverages their assets within larger organizations, creates new streams of revenue and enhances overall brand equity.
Ink&co launched in 1994 as an advertising agency.
Designers Management Agency was created in 2001 as the first talent representation agency to provide new business development services to designers and brands.
In 1998, Marc Beckman hired Sam Sohaili (ink&co) to design a luxury line of cosmetics that was subsequently launched at Harrods in London and Henri Bendel in New York City. Synergy between the two existed, as both came from different walks of life: Marc the attorney and Sam the expert marketer. Shortly thereafter, the two realized that the stardom of fashion designers was on the rise. Effectively, Marc and Sam set out to develop a new type of celebrity, the fashion designer. Operated by the same management team since their inception, the two agencies merged to form DMA united in 2012 and have remained a driving force in the industry henceforth.
Notable Client Relationships
Fashion / Design
- Zappos Couture: DMA United placed client André Leon Talley in as Artistic Director of the luxury e-tailer. DMA is also the creative services agency for Zappos Couture and represents the brand in new business development.
- Pepsi X Bloomingdale's: DMA United facilitated the placement and creation of Pepsi’s The Art Of Football Capsule Collection which launches at Colette (boutique), Bloomingdale’s, and Liberty (department store).
- Russell Westbrook: DMA placed Russell Westbrook in a two-year store-within-store deal with Barneys New York. DMA also placed Russell in a national campaign with Subway (restaurant).
- New York City Ballet: DMA United is the advertising agency of record for the New York City Ballet.
- Jordache: DMA is the advertising agency of record for Jordache, placing personalities such as Heidi Klum in collaboration with the company.
- Karen Elson X Tiffany & Co.: DMA placed client Karen Elson in a Tiffany & Co. advertising campaign during the re-launch of the Atlas Collection.
- Paul Morelli: DMA is working on the branding and strategy for fine jewelry house, Paul Morelli including a web re-design.
- An extensive but not complete list of DMA’s current clients:
Alice Roi, Allison Baver, André Leon Talley, Constance White, Cushnie et ochs, Defend-Paris, Del Toro, Diane Smith, Freeman’s, Gaby Basora Tucker, Karen Elson, Kelly Rutherford, Lisa Rinna, Mark McNairy, Melania Trump, Monica Botkier, Nigel Barker (photographer), Pamela Love, Pepsi, Playboy, Russell Jackson, Russell Westbrook, Selima Salaun, Seu Jorge, Shaun White, Susan Moses, Terri Oneal, The Face (TV series), Council of Fashion Designers of America, Clio Sport, Colorescience, Fern Mallis, Fleurian, Hilldun, JTD-Fest, La Prairie, Meet.com, Numéro Russia, New York City Ballet, Paul Morelli, RW & Co., Skin Medica, True Religion, Zappos Couture.
- Addo, Catherine; Mau, Dhani (27 May 2009). "A Night in With Christian". The Supermelon. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- Dodes, Rachel (6 February 2007). "For the Fashion Designers, Agents Are the Hot Trend". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- Bourne, Leah (6 January, 2012). "Designers Management Agency CEO on Emerging Talent: What Proenza Schouler Did Right." http://www.nbcnewyork.com/blogs/threadny/Designers-Management-Agency-CEO-on-Emerging-Talent-What-Proenza-Schouler-Did-Right-136815288.html Retrieved July 19.
- Dunham, Alison Blackman. ""What Works" - SAFE, SUMMER BEAUTY". The Advice Sisters. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- Elliot, Stuart (16 December, 2012). "News from the Advertising Industry." http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/business/media/news-from-the-advertising-industry.html Retrieved 19 July, 2013.
- "Zappos Couture Names Andre Leon Talley as Artistic Director". Citybislist. 2 December 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Hoefler, Aimee (25 April 2014). "Pepsi Coming to Bloomingdale's with Capsule Collection". Fashion Times. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "NBA’S RUSSELL WESTBROOK AND BARNEYS NEW YORK TEAM UP ON EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION". Barneys New York. 12 June 20014. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "Jury: Sam Sohaili". Clio Image. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "Heidi Klum Returns To Jordache For Company's Biggest Campaign Ever (PHOTO)". The Huffington Post. 8 August 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Rodulfo, Kristina (11 September 2014). "NYFW: Cocktails at Tiffany's With Karen Elson". Elle. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "Paul Morelli". Retrieved 23 June 2014.