|Look up desktop in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Desktop refers to the surface of a desk.
The term has been adopted as an adjective to distinguish office appliances (such as photocopiers and printers) which can be fitted on top of a desk, from larger equipment covering its own area on the floor.
Desktop may also refer to:
- Desktop computer, a personal computer designed to fit on a desk
- Pizza box form factor, a design of computer case
- Desktop metaphor, especially the area behind the windows in a GUI using this metaphor
- Desktop environment, software that provides a comprehensive computer user interface
- Client (computing), sometimes referred to as desktop to distinguish from the server
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.