In the United States and Canada, as of September 30, 2012, Destination Maternity operates 2,008 retail locations, including 625 stores, predominantly under the tradenames Motherhood Maternity, A Pea in the Pod, and Destination Maternity, and sells on the web through its DestinationMaternity.com and brand-specific websites. Destination Maternity brands are offered at approximately 1,383 leased department locations at retailers such as Macy's, Sears, and buybuy BABY. The company also distributes its Oh Baby by Motherhood collection through a licensed arrangement at over 1,100 Kohl's stores throughout the United States and on Kohls.com.
In addition, Destination Maternity is expanding internationally and has exclusive store franchise and product supply relationships in India, the Middle East and South Korea. As of September 30, 2012, Destination Maternity has 119 international franchised locations, including 103 shop-in-shop locations and 16 Destination Maternity branded stores.
Destination Maternity Corporation currently operates the following retail brands:
- Motherhood Maternity, featuring affordable maternity and nursing wear and plus sizes
- A Pea in the Pod, featuring high end maternity clothes
- Destination Maternity, superstores featuring Motherhood Maternity and A Pea in the Pod
- Oh Baby by Motherhood, available exclusively at Kohl's
- Two Hearts by Destination Maternity, available exclusively at Sears
- Edamame Maternity Spa
In 2009, Destination Maternity partnered with the National Football League to offer NFL football maternity t-shirts, sweatpants, and baby clothes at Motherhood Maternity stores. In 2010, a similar partnership was announced to offer MLB baseball maternity t-shirts and baby clothes.
In 2010, Destination Maternity launched two maternity-wear collections from Heidi Klum. Lavish by Heidi Klum for A Pea in the Pod features more high-end items, while Loved by Heidi Klum for Motherhood Maternity features affordable options.
In 2012, the company launched a maternity clothing collection from Jessica Simpson, "available in 700 retail locations, including Motherhood Maternity, Destination Maternity, as well as Destination Maternity shop-in-shops within Macy’s, come fall 2012.".
- Mothers Work becomes Destination Maternity|Philadelphia Inquirer|12/09/2008
- [Destination Maternity Corporation Announces Opening Of First Store In Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates "Destination Maternity"] Check
|url=scheme (help). Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Vesilind, Emili. "The Birth of Fashionable Maternity Wear". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- Lockwood, Lisa. "Jessica Simpson Apparel Headed to Destination Maternity". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Phelan, Hayley. "First Look: Jessica Simpson's Maternity Line". Fashionista.com. Retrieved 26 December 2012.