Destroyer Command is a naval simulation released by Ubisoft in 2002 and developed by the now-defunct Ultimation Inc. The game placed the player in command of a destroyer during World War II, featuring campaigns from both the Pacific War and the Battle of the Atlantic. Customized missions may be played and players can select the opponent's forces and their own. Players can also have the chance to choose the difficulty rating in different games by adjusting the different realism ratings such as Table Fog and Unlimited Ammo. One of the features was the ability to play against owners of Silent Hunter II online, allowing both destroyer and U-Boat commanders to square off against each other.
Details of the game
- 20 Historical Missions( Examples are 'Battle of Savo Island')
- 5 Training missions
- Over 600 million customized missions can be generated.
- 2 campaigns that include the entire Pacific and Atlantic warfare with 20 missions each.
Ship types that can be commanded by the player
- Bagley class destroyer
- Benham class destroyer
- Benson class destroyer
- Clemson class destroyer
- Farragut class destroyer (1934)
- Fletcher class destroyer
- Gleaves class destroyer
- Gridley class destroyer
- Mahan class destroyer
- Porter class destroyer
- Somers class destroyer
- Sims class destroyer
- Allen M. Sumner class destroyer
- Wickes class destroyer
Weaponry that can be controlled by the player
- 5"/38 caliber gun-Dual Purpose
- 4 inch/50 SP gun( In the game, it could be used as a dual-purpose gun but in actual field, the maximum elevation of the gun is a 20 degrees, which is inadequate to attack opponent high-speed planes.
- Light guns(They are Bofors 40 mm gun and Oerlikon 20 mm cannon( They can be used to hit small, soft-skinned crafts( For example LCU) too with great effect)
- 600 lb,500 lb,200 lb depth charges
- 21 inch Torpedoes( From launchers grouped in pairs of 3 to 5)
Versions of the game
- There are two versions of the game, ver 4.0.3 and ver 4.10. The former had some technical failures while the later perfects most of them, but the vessel identification error is not fixed.
- A patch is also available for players to download that fixes the vessel identification crash and makes many scenearios either easier or harder by removing or adding U-Boats or aircraft such as 'Kate' Bombers.
Reflection on the game by reviewers
The game was critically panned, receiving a score of 2.5 ("Terrible") from GameSpot.
-  DC manual Page 5-7
-  Website:
-  DC reference guide
-  EULA of DC Patch