Details (April 2009)
|Categories||Fashion, lifestyle, politics|
|Company||Condé Nast Publications|
Details is an American monthly men's magazine published by Condé Nast Publications, founded in 1982 by Annie Flanders. Though primarily a magazine devoted to fashion and lifestyle, Details also features reports on relevant social and political issues.
Alan Patricof bought the magazine in 1987. Condé Nast bought the magazine a year later for $2 million. Its current format stems from an October 2000, relaunch of the title, following a transfer of the magazine from Condé Nast to sibling division Fairchild Publications.
Between its last issue at Condé Nast and first at Fairchild, publication of Details was temporarily suspended. This allowed for extensive redesign and strategic repositioning of the magazine.
Staff and contributors 
Music Matters CDs 
From 1990 to 1998 the magazine produced sampler CDs which were sent out to cuurent subscribers free of charge. While the CDs concentrated on then current music older songs included as well.
1990 Music Matters Volume 1
1991 Music Matters Volume 2
1992 Music Matters Volume 3
1992 Music Matters Volume 4
1993 Music Matters Volume 5 (There were one and two CD versions of this volume.)
1994 Music Matters Volume 6
1995 Music Matters Volume 7
1996 Music Matters Volume 8
1997 Music Matters Volume 9
1998 Music Matters Volume 10
1999 Details 2000 Tomorrow's Music Today!
- Emmis Communications (June 1996). Cincinnati Magazine. Emmis Communications. pp. 22–. ISSN 07468210. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- New York Media, LLC (1 October 1990). New York Magazine. New York Media, LLC. pp. 39–. ISSN 00287369. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- Emmis Communications (March 2003). Los Angeles Magazine. Emmis Communications. pp. 116–. ISSN 15229149. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- Kuczynski, Alex, “Details Editor Ousted and the Magazine Will Go to Fairchild, Jamie Billimoria being the editor,” New York Times (March 21, 2000): C13.
- Vanity Fair. Condé Nast Publications. 1996. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- Details official home page.
|This men's magazine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|